LIGHTS ON IN CLUSTER EVEN IGNITION KEY IT OUT OF CLYLINDER

Car Audio, Controllers, Wiring, Seats, Carpet, Interior painting, and more...

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

jackyshaikh

LIGHTS ON IN CLUSTER EVEN IGNITION KEY IT OUT OF CLYLINDER

Post by jackyshaikh »

We got a aveo 2004 model in our workshop.ECM&TCM both fuses keep blowing from I/P FUSE BOX I checked short to ground in wiring harness but no luck,then finally i found there is internal short in TCM,and i replace it.now my problem is battery light.oil presure light,seatbelt warning light are coming on after puting back fuse of ECM/TCM one is hot at ignition and other one is always hot as its positive side.if i remove this fuse there is no light on cluster even
if i use ignition key in it.And the car is not starting as well.any idea?
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

what car is this 2004 model?

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!
jackyshaikh

Post by jackyshaikh »

Hi,
Thanks for reply.its a CHEVROLET AVEO 1.5 and the problem is solved.
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

so what was it?

jackyshaikh

Post by jackyshaikh »

I'am sorry daewoomofo the problem is still there.there are two fuses for ECM/TCM in I/P FUSE box.i don't know why lights are glowing on instrument cluster.
If i remove fuse #16 which is +ve for immobilizer,DLC,ECM,TCM, the lights stop glowing. Other one is fuse #6 which is ignition voltage,and its working fine if i operate with key on/off.but why the lights are glowing if there is fuse in there,IF i remove fuse,i cannot program keys on tech 2,i even tried to connect directly from battery to tech 2 via external jack port,when i connect again lights keep glowing on cluster,even if there is no fuse #16 in there.

I'am tired the car is in theft mode,security light keep blinking and cannot start the car?i was expecting help from you people if any one knows what is wrong in wiring system.any help would be appreciated.thanks in advance.
buddha102
Expert

Post by buddha102 »

jackyshaikh wrote:I'am sorry daewoomofo the problem is still there.there are two fuses for ECM/TCM in I/P FUSE box.i don't know why lights are glowing on instrument cluster.
If i remove fuse #16 which is +ve for immobilizer,DLC,ECM,TCM, the lights stop glowing. Other one is fuse #6 which is ignition voltage,and its working fine if i operate with key on/off.but why the lights are glowing if there is fuse in there,IF i remove fuse,i cannot program keys on tech 2,i even tried to connect directly from battery to tech 2 via external jack port,when i connect again lights keep glowing on cluster,even if there is no fuse #16 in there.

I'am tired the car is in theft mode,security light keep blinking and cannot start the car?i was expecting help from you people if any one knows what is wrong in wiring system.any help would be appreciated.thanks in advance.
that what actally happened in my bro's car (mercedes 1987 300D Turbo) so he just took out the alarm system computer(?) (like a block box under passager's floor in front) and its all fine now :lol:
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

i wonder if the light switch didnt go bad. if its stuck in the ON position that might give you the symptoms of your lights staying on no matter what. have you tried disconnecting the light switch. one other thing you might want to check is your grounds. a lady i work with drive to work one day and told me that her lights would not got off, even with the light switch in the off position, i told her i would go disconnect her battery, the second the ground connection moved (after i loosened it up) the lights went off, i tightened the ground up and she was good to go. good luck, hope some thing i said helps, let us know.

jackyshaikh

Post by jackyshaikh »

Thanks for input guys.Today i removed all the fuses from underhood fuse box&instrument panel fuses,including relays.then i only put 30amps big pink fuse one in underhood fuse box & #16 fuse in the place where it should be,still lights was glowing,then i started to remove all the connectors one by one of Ecm,Tcm,all other connectors near left side kick panel still lights keep glowing.Then i remove cluster to see if any wires are pinched together and pulling voltage fron there but no.i connect the coupler to cluster,with lights on glowing,i started to remove connectors near ignition switch and then finally i removed
connector or TDM (THEFT DETERRENT MODULE) and yep the lights disaappear.umm i guess there is something wrong in this module,i open the back cover of it,and yes two parts ( i guess transitors) are broken in the module i don't know how it got broken,they were no pieces of it.well still my task is not complete the module is not available in our company we have to arrange it from local market.

Well why i typed all this,because this may help to any other technician who's working on deawoo product.(I guess may be in future)
Neon Driver

Post by Neon Driver »

had the same issue w/ my Oprta5, their were 2 issues. first was the hood switch (wouldn't engage enough). Second and probablyyour problem was that my rear pisser line ruptured right above a wire harness in the back of the car. This made the dash lights come on dim and the alarm system went ape shit!

AC
Hers: 04 Optra 5: Apex springs-Alpine deck/speakers-Fosgate amp-MTX 10s-Ghetto intake-and purple neons.
His: 06 Magnum R/T: AirHammer-JBA high flow Cats/Catback-Daytona Chin spoiler-Fosgate Amp and subs-Custom grill-and blue neons.