anyone with a SHARKRACING strutbar for Lanos, I need ur help

Body Kits, Rims, Suspension, Wings, Lighting etc and exterior detailing.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Man with no name
Junior

anyone with a SHARKRACING strutbar for Lanos, I need ur help

Post by Man with no name »

I need a favor from anyone who has a lanos strutbar from Shark racing : I need you to measure it and if possible, take a pic of it.

The reason why I'm asking this is because last year I ordered a front strutbar for the leganza from their site. After 2 months waiting I finally received it, but when I went to install it I found out it did not fit. They sent me a much shorter one and with a different pattern for the bolts...

I remember seeing a picture of a lanos with a sharkracing strutbar here some time ago and I have a feeling that its exactly as mine...so I need to find out if the one I received was indeed for a Lanos so that I can sell it. Ive been looking at that box for almost 5 months now and have absolutely now use for it.

I emailed them a bunch of times with pictures and everything and the few times that they did answer, they told me they would ship the correct one. Bullshit. Now they wont even answer my emails. Im fed up with them because I told them I was patient and would wait but of course, they are not going to fix anything. Its been 5 months now...horrible service. I will never buy anything from them again and caution anyone who is thinking about buying some of their stuff based on this experience (other members have had problems as well...),

Thanks in advance! :D

Heres some pics, if anyone can identify it, please let me know

Last edited by Man with no name on Mon Feb 11, 2008 4:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
240sx
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

I think Garrett has plans for a strut brace for the leggy so at least you'll have another option.
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Coil-overs, sway bars, 13" brakes, LSD, 235mm tires, the works
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
-Undergoing 2.0 swap w/ lots of performance bits
http://www.cardomain.com/id/kinkyllama
Man with no name
Junior

Sounds great. I remember he mentioned it back when he announced the start of Daft Art Performance...but I still need to sell this one first :(
240sx
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

yeah thats a lanos one
bummer you got shafted on that

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!
Man with no name
Junior

Thanks ! that confirms my suspicion

If anyone could get a measurement that would be great to be 100% sure before I put it up for sale
240sx
Man with no name
Junior

nobody on here has one to measure it? =( Also, does anyone know if theres any difference in the engine bays of lanos with different engines? or should the strutbar fit all models...

thnx. Looks like I'll need the money to get my leganza back on the road
240sx
Pir0
Expert

Post by Pir0 »

As far as dimensions go they're all the same engine bay, it's clearance you need to worry about, as in behind/infront of/above the intake manifold.
SAZ
---------------------
Man with no name
Junior

Thanks to everyone that helped me out in this thread. I put the strutbar up for sale on the classifieds section. If you have a Lanos, check it out :D
240sx