reinforced plastic on door

Body Kits, Rims, Suspension, Wings, Lighting etc and exterior detailing.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

orangelmo

reinforced plastic on door

Post by orangelmo »

I'm not really sure what it's called, hence the name of the post. I was wondering if anyone made any changes to that plastic strip on the doors to make it more secure. I'm driving a 2000 lanos hb, I'd like to find away to make that part less easier to pry off since thats how someone broke into my car, and most likely othere daewoos. Has anyone tried anything for this?

james
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

Post by TheGreatAndPowerfulOz »

To which strip are you referring? Do you mean the strip that is at the top of the door along the glass that holds the window rubber?

If you could take a photo and post what you are talking about, we'd have a much better idea and maybe some ideas on how to make them stronger.

This is specifically of interest to me as I have an 02 Lanos HB and am worried about people breaking into my car.

Cliff
orangelmo

pics

Post by orangelmo »

Well I just found out today that someone i think tried to pry it open again. Anyways here are some pictures to show clarify which part I'm talking about. I just uploaded to my websapce, didn't know what section or if you wanted these ugly pictures to float around in the gallery :wink:

pic 1
pic 2

If anyone has done anything to make it more "secure" in anyway let me know. Thanks.

-James
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

Post by TheGreatAndPowerfulOz »

I had not even thought of someone trying to pry that part to get into a car.
When I get a chance, I'll look at my car and see if there is anything that can be done to make it more secure.

Cliff
Wolf-Spirit
Expert

Post by Wolf-Spirit »

cant reallly recal for sure but... dont think there is anyway of opening the door even after those are pulled off?

its yust a piece of plastic on top of the metal doorframe

Anyway to get back to your point if you dont ever wanna remove it again use some real good glue and paste it on (still keeping original fastening way ofcourse) then it would only come of if it was pulled so hard it would crack
orangelmo

Post by orangelmo »

Well I'm not entirely sure exactly how to get in after that gets popped off, but I'm pretty sure thats the method they used to get in. Hopefully a solution will come up that will benefit all of us
Tickle me?! Dont even try it...
DomWoo
Expert

Post by DomWoo »

well actaully yes you can get in that way, once that is poped off there is 3 screws holding the back window in, take those out and your in, but of course if they went threw all this why not just break the damn window, takes only a few seconds rather then 10-15 minutes
Wolf-Spirit
Expert

Post by Wolf-Spirit »

ah yes forgot about those screws holding bad window (hmm now i dont feel safe lmao)

But still ya need to slide backwindow towards back of car a bit to get it off wich he cant if you locked it inside (meaning pulling the clicksystem in)

Could be wrong i mean we aint talking about demounting but "breaking in" so dno