DAmn COntrol Arm!!

Body Kits, Rims, Suspension, Wings, Lighting etc and exterior detailing.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

jl4n3

DAmn COntrol Arm!!

Post by jl4n3 »

I can not get the back bolt off my right front control arm. It looks as if it is going up into the cab floor board of the passenger side. Any ideas? Or is this last bolt just being stubborn?!

THanks,

Oh its a Nubi 2001 SE
Spider
Expert

Post by Spider »

If it's a threaded bolt it will thread out.
Probably rusted. Try something stronger than WD40..like (if your in the states?) "P.B Blaster" or "Kroil" (gunshops have it) if non of this stuff works ?
use an impact wrench on it.
~Spider~
2000 1.6 DOHC Lanos 'S'
Silver HB.

"The three great essentials to achieving anything worthwhile are; first, hard work, second, stick-to-it-iveness, and third, common sense."
- -- Thomas Edison
REY04

Post by REY04 »

i dont think it cant be removed.try using a ratchet wrench with extension and crawl beneath it for proper handling. turn counter clockwise to unscrew it.
Daewoo Racer Gti 1995 model, 1.5L SOHC, MPFI, Made in Korea(Bupyung plant).

"DRIVE WITH PRIDE"
jl4n3

Post by jl4n3 »

Today I received my 80 dollar COMPLETE control arm, well, minus the split sleeves. It installed in less than an hour and I test drove it to see if the "Jerk or Pull" was better and OH MY GOD! IT IS AMAZING! Now it actually jerks to the opposite side a tad bit, prob because one of the bushings on the left side is also going bad but nowhere near as bad as the one I just replaced.. I plan on replacing this weekend...hell for only 80 bucks...can't beat that here in the states!

Check this thread for pics of the bad control arm and bushings...btw, those were all taken from my camera phone...I never really used it b4 but these are damn good pics!

http://www.daewootech.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9641