Too much positive camber

Body Kits, Rims, Suspension, Wings, Lighting etc and exterior detailing.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Comrade

Too much positive camber

Post by Comrade »

99 Nubira, 67'000 miles went through 4-5 sets of tires.
Front wheels have to much positive camber and get worn out on the outside (both sides). I do allignment, rotation and balancing at Sears every 7-10 month and it still trashes tires.

Just wondering is it a common problem with the type or they do something wrong?
Is it even possible to adjust the camber on this thing?

Thanks for all the help, all of it was right on so far !
Dmitri
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Post by gse_turbo »

funny you mention it, we're talking about it on this post, http://www.daewootech.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8799
i'm working out a strut mount camber kit for the lanos and the lemans and the kit for the lemans will fit to the nubi. this is somewhat of a high end perfomance kit being that everything is CNC and Billit. the kit is $300 but it will fix you problem or i'll buy it back.

garrett

let me know if you're interested cause somewhat of a group buy is coming together. i can't say that it will make the parts cheaper but it will put the orders through faster.
Comrade

Post by Comrade »

Yeah I saw that. He had problems with inside wear. This one does on the outside.
I would just rather park this thing on the train tracks =)
Dmitri
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Post by gse_turbo »

the camber kit will fix both!

$300 doesn't seem cheap but when you consider what you've spent in tires and what you could spend then it's a hell of a deal.

garrett
Comrade

Post by Comrade »

Thanks gse_turbo
I just got it realigned at some other place. Camber was actually negative. Front wheels were toed in pretty good thats why it was chewing outsides. Gonna see what it will do now. Maybe I'll still need it.
Dmitri
zurcher

camber adjustments

Post by zurcher »

Seems a bit late..but I have same problem..my woo wagon eats up front tires!!!
bad camber..inside edges.... with shop manual..note: no adjustment!!!!
the so called professionals did alignment and car handles horrible now!!!

but thanks to snooping about here on forums..did find that there IS a kit by Monroe called MAGIC CAMBER, a pair of eccentic bolts, to put in upper position on strut tower.
this seems like an easy fix?
have an old diesel rabbit, early 80's....and thats how they do it.

gonna hafta go find a pair!
caprice

Post by caprice »

The only thing camber issues on these cars could be is Wheel Bearings. Unless you are running aftermarket springs Or maybe accident damage. Very common problem.
eljunito
Expert

Post by eljunito »

gse_turbo wrote:funny you mention it, we're talking about it on this post, http://www.daewootech.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8799
i'm working out a strut mount camber kit for the lanos and the lemans and the kit for the lemans will fit to the nubi. this is somewhat of a high end perfomance kit being that everything is CNC and Billit. the kit is $300 but it will fix you problem or i'll buy it back.

garrett

let me know if you're interested cause somewhat of a group buy is coming together. i can't say that it will make the parts cheaper but it will put the orders
through faster.

I didn't know that you already had the price for the kit. If you're going to make a group, count me on.
caprice

Post by caprice »

If the toe-in is increased, it can counter this. I successfully did this on my Leganza whose front bearings are worn, one is making noise too. Three months later tires wear perfectly even for the first time since getting the car.

BUT, try telling any alignment shop to do that, and they won't do that. Partially their company policy, part they don't think out of the box.