Coilovers

Body Kits, Rims, Suspension, Wings, Lighting etc and exterior detailing.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Me

Coilovers

Post by Me »

Have you seen the shark racing coilovers for the lanos? anybody buy them? how good are they?
bestlanosinmaine

Post by bestlanosinmaine »

they look nice but there are no spec on them...like how much lower they make your car sit etc.....if anyone buys them and trys them i would be interested in how they work out but i wouldnt be the first one to buy them
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

I posted a link earlier about high quality coilovers for the Lanos but nobody was interested (most likely due to the price)

The first type are $1350 USD and are equipped with special yellow Koni shock absorbers, which have external dampening or rebound adjustment.

The second type are $1000 USD but they don't have the adjustable struts

I don't remember off hand but I think they allow for 1.5" of drop or 2.25" of drop depending on your preference.

These kits include all struts/shocks/springs required.

The coilovers are manufacured by FK Europe which is a very large manufacturer of suspension components in Europe.

I was just on the shark racing site and I noticed the coilovers shown are made by someone called "Tech-Pro" which is a company I've never heard of.

Does anyone else know who Tech-Pro is??
scourge
Junior

Post by scourge »

Can you get pillowball mounts for these coilovers?
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

They don't specificly show pillowball mounts but I would have to check with the European office to see for sure.

It would be nice to have a great name like Koni and pillowball mounts.... they have a hard Urethane mount.... but if your into adjusting camber then pillowballs are the best.

I don't think I will be doing much autocross racing so I'd be happy with the standard setup.

I wonder if someone decent makes the coilover kit for Tech-Pro and they just slap their name on it.....would be nice to know.