how much will it cost to mold on a pair of sideskirts?

Body Kits, Rims, Suspension, Wings, Lighting etc and exterior detailing.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

wOo-TaNg
Super

how much will it cost to mold on a pair of sideskirts?

Post by wOo-TaNg »

i have just bought a pair of ssv sideskirts, but i guess i really don't know how much a bodyshop will charge me 4 adding them on my car. does anyone know?
GsiTurbo
Super Moderator

Post by GsiTurbo »

An eperienced shop should not charge you more than 2-3 hours to fit, prep and prime the skirts.

Where did you buy them? I like them.

Tom

Post by ubuyau »

There's a bit of work to fit those side skirts.

They have like a fibreglass rail they sit on (the rail gets screwed to the sill panel under the door) and the skirt hooks onto that.
Fitting them can prove a bit tedious, we had to sand them down near where the edge of the door opens so you can actually open your door :oops: (they JUST clear)

They'll need to seal it against the body work (theres a sizeable hole/gap near where the door opens (it doesnt sit flush against the bodywork)).

Also if you're going to fibreglass mold them to the car (like lanos2001's hood scoop) it'll be a bit more work again...

--Tim
lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

i didn't really have a problem putting mine except on one i had to pull the end of it to the point that i almost broke it to pull over the wheel well. it took me about 45 minutes with some pop rivets. but yeah it doesn't sit flush to the body at all where it starts to curve up. and if you get it molded i would suggest to get a simple molding where they just connect it to the car so it still keeps its original shape.

nick

save a tree, eat a beaver.
wOo-TaNg
Super

Post by wOo-TaNg »

360 Dynamics wrote:An eperienced shop should not charge you more than 2-3 hours to fit, prep and prime the skirts.

Where did you buy them? I like them.

Tom
i got them from damian
ubuyau
Expert

Post by ubuyau »

lanos2001 wrote:i didn't really have a problem putting mine except on one i had to pull the end of it to the point that i almost broke it to pull over the wheel well. it took me about 45 minutes with some pop rivets. but yeah it doesn't sit flush to the body at all where it starts to curve up. and if you get it molded i would suggest to get a simple molding where they just connect it to the car so it still keeps its original shape.

nick
But all the hassle is totally worth it! :) These EVO-I sideskirts are the best ones available off the shelf for the lanos i reckon!

--Tim
lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

yes they are. i didn't want just a regular ole sideskirt thats just a block to make it look lower. b/c those types of sideskirts i think rarely match the front and back of a body kit. this one completes the flow. the reason i chose mine is b/c of that little corner peice on the front bumper matches the front of the sideskirt thats sqaure and then the concave part of the back of the sideskirt flows with my back bumper almost perfectly.

nick

daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

are thos fenders available for the lanos or did that guy just put the Z3 inserts in his stock ones, that looks good!

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!
lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

it was just inserts. you know what weird? my folks have a z3 and the vents aren't even functional.

nick

delphis
Expert

Post by delphis »

daewoomofo wrote:are thos fenders available for the lanos or did that guy just put the Z3 inserts in his stock ones, that looks good!
those actually look like the z3 inserts that they sell on ebay, so my guess is he put them in himself as I have never seen anyone elses lanos with them.
1989 240sx fastback with SR20DE
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

looks good though

kroz123
Expert

Post by kroz123 »

indeed I was thinking of putting some Z3 inserts too.
T18SED Engine.

JohnnyC
Expert

Post by JohnnyC »

Yeah... Looks very good. I like those kinds of touches. :D (things I'm considering for later) :D
daewooluvr
Expert

Post by daewooluvr »

delphis wrote:
daewoomofo wrote:are thos fenders available for the lanos or did that guy just put the Z3 inserts in his stock ones, that looks good!
those actually look like the z3 inserts that they sell on ebay, so my guess is he put them in himself as I have never seen anyone elses lanos with them.
Yes they are. He wasn't too happy with them.
2000 Daewoo Lanos HB - Its green

Check me out at http://sdconsulting.weebly.com
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

why? they look pretty good, i dunno if i would do it to mine but it looks pretty good