Painting rims

Body Kits, Rims, Suspension, Wings, Lighting etc and exterior detailing.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

jurupa

Painting rims

Post by jurupa »

I found some rims that I like, but in a wheel and tire package the rims are metal but when I was lookign at the rims they where crome. I will ask the tire place (its Discount Tires btw) if there is a choice in finishes for the rims and if not then how much trouble will it be to make the rims with a metal finish?
Audacity Racing
moron

Post by Audacity Racing »

do you want to paint them or just remove the chrome?
jurupa

Post by jurupa »

I just look at the package again and saw that the tires where 225/60/16. So the package is out due to the tires being to high. lol
SickDrift
Junior

Post by SickDrift »

what was the package and price? i can get info fo you.
LG
2001 Leganza
Completely stock brutha!
jurupa

Post by jurupa »

SickDrift wrote:what was the package and price? i can get info fo you.
Heres the package:

SickDrift
Junior

Post by SickDrift »

I need the model/year of your car. What tire size would you prefer? You want chrome finish? Last time i checked, those wheels are available in both a machine finish, and chrome. Chrome costs more.
LG
2001 Leganza
Completely stock brutha!
04aveohb
Junior

Post by 04aveohb »

your looking to get them at discount tire and auto? I got my rims there, they are great people, at least in cary, NC...pay 10 bucks a tire and its insured if it goes flat...but sadly not to tire wear...but still good people with a good price...
2004 Chevy Aveo LS Hatchback
-SRI
-15" Konig Theory's
DaewoLeganza
banned

Post by DaewoLeganza »

try not to paint ur rims because ive sort of painted my hubcaps and the some of the paint still off even after days of dryness... but thats with the accessory chrome paint

its highly recommended that u do not paint ur rims because 1 mistake can make ur rims seem really bad if u happen to mess up
SickDrift
Junior

Post by SickDrift »

04aveohb wrote:...but still good people with a good price...

If you mean these guys

... then i agree :D
LG
2001 Leganza
Completely stock brutha!
dog

Post by dog »

Discount tire of Columbia, SC is where I got mine, great people awsome price.
04 Suzuki Forenza 2.0 with dreams of 325 hp per liter.
jurupa

Post by jurupa »

SickDrift wrote:I need the model/year of your car. What tire size would you prefer? You want chrome finish? Last time i checked, those wheels are available in both a machine finish, and chrome. Chrome costs more.
Here you go:

2005 Suzuki Reno
Machine finish
205/50/16 (45 will be ok but nothing over 50 or under 40)

And thanks for saving me the trip to Discount Tires. If my "combo" is good with this rim and tire package I will go to the Discount Tire place and order them and have them installed in a weeks time. Then I will go for brakes as I am sure I will need them next. Even tho my car is still stock I just want to up grade the parts before I do any power upgrades. And yes when I get my lazy ass a digital camera I will take pictures of the car. :wink:

04aveohb - Yes they are the people I am currently looking at getting my tires and rims at since I will need new tires somewhat soon.
SickDrift
Junior

Post by SickDrift »

Alrighty, heres the deal. for whatever reason on the online system they dont list the machine finish Rev's for your vehicle, however, you can call them up and ask.

Next problem. There is the possibility that they dont make these wheeles anymore, availability might be an issue as well. Again, i would say call the 800 number.

You have two options for ordering these. Click on the links i provided, add them to a shopping cart, enter your zip and follow it through.
Tires: http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direc ... 9157&ar=50
Wheels: http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direc ... 7&bp=4-100

Or print up the info, and take it to Discount near your home, and tell them you will order it with them there if they do it for the same price.

Ordering it though Discount Tire Direct, they will still come to your door mounted and balanced, but just make sure you order the correct lugs/lug bolts.

Good luck, hope this helped a little

By the way, the tire i chose is of good value.
LG
2001 Leganza
Completely stock brutha!
DaewoLeganza
banned

Post by DaewoLeganza »

its the best to replace the rims and tires with wider tires no less than 7... the cars handlin will be exploited to the point where its pure grip and puts the suspension to work

u would see that the car turns much more responsively plus u can just turns much faster than u could ever do with those skinny tires
04aveohb
Junior

Post by 04aveohb »

yep discount tire...great people...but it will be over 630 to let you know, thats without the step caps...and other little parts...mine came out about 100 over what the little advertisement said, but its worth it...
2004 Chevy Aveo LS Hatchback
-SRI
-15" Konig Theory's
SickDrift
Junior

Post by SickDrift »

Yeah, i did the math.W/o tax and new lugs (or lug blts) it came out to 708 shipped, and thats with the correct sized tire. Not too bad i think.
LG
2001 Leganza
Completely stock brutha!