another one of my crazy thoughts (AWD in a lanos???)

Body Kits, Rims, Suspension, Wings, Lighting etc and exterior detailing.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

anesTHEtic34

another one of my crazy thoughts (AWD in a lanos???)

Post by anesTHEtic34 »

so i've noticed the Lanos has been used for rallies in Australia and other places. do they convert them over to AWD? if so, how hard of a process is this?
if i could change the way you look at me
i'd carve your eyes out with a knife.
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

I was wondering about AWD as well since the 4X4 F28 6spd tranny will fit onto the 2.0L turbo engine.

The F28 would need to be imported from Europe or the UK but it would certainly make things interesting.

I figure you would have to physically add a "center tunnel" to the body so that the driveshaft isn't hanging down.

Unfortunatly I could see this kind of modification being very very expensive and it would also mean redesigning the rear suspension.

My thought was why not throw a nice little 150hp racing bike engine out back and run two engines. :shock: :D :shock:

I've allready done the calculations and it would be possible.... athough this also requires the modification of the rear suspension and removal of the sheet metal that is presently your spare tire.

If you staggered the gears right you could have the bike engine making it's peak power just as your front engine changes gears ( thus getting rid of any lag in shifting)

I would imagine you would have to make paddle shifters for the rear transmission on your steering wheel or make some type of solinoid to do the shifting for you.

Man that would be a pile to think about..... shifting two different engines with two different RPM levels and gear ratios..... what a nightmare.

I'm sure the car would go like hell if you could ever pull it off but you certainly wouldn't be able to haul much of anything without a trunk.