Negative Effects with lowering springs

Body Kits, Rims, Suspension, Wings, Lighting etc and exterior detailing.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

SuperDuperDaewoo
Junior

Negative Effects with lowering springs

Post by SuperDuperDaewoo »

Will there be any negative effects on my suspension or tires after having my lowering springs installed on my 2002 Daewoo Lanos. I have 225/40/16 Nitto's on the car, and I am concerned if there will be excessive tire wear, I am also concerned how this will effect the rest of my suspension? Your input will help alot, these springs have been sitting in my closet for 2 months now and i want them on very badly. Thank you and have a wonderful day!
If you don't have a Woo, You don't have a clue!
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

you may have issues with camber.... depends on how much your new springs are going to drop it.

Unfortunatly nobody to my knowledge makes a Daewoo camber correction kit ( allows for more adjustment)

I personally still have the stock height so hopefully the guys out there that have their cars lowered will be able to tell you.

Do your 225/40/16 rub at all?

I've heard that 215's are great but 225's can rub depending on the manufacturer and your new wheel offset.
SuperDuperDaewoo
Junior

Thank you for your input. To answer your question, I do not get any tire rub at all.
mocpac

Post by mocpac »

How much do you drop your car?
ImageImage
daewooluvr
Expert

Post by daewooluvr »

Eibach makes a camber correction kit for the Lanos.

If you do get any rubbing from lowering just make sure to roll the lip of the fenders. That should clear up any rubbing.

Also make sure to replace your stock shocks/struts when you lower cuz they most likely will be worn and not be able to handle the lower springs.

As far as what will lowering do to your suspension. It will cause your center of gravity to get closer to the ground therefore giving you less body roll in turns. The ill-effect of lowering is sometimes rubbing, incorrect camber/toe, and rougher ride.
2000 Daewoo Lanos HB - Its green

Check me out at http://sdconsulting.weebly.com
blinkme323

Post by blinkme323 »

Yeah, if you do go with lowering springs you definitely want to replace the stock shocks and struts like Shaun said. The only problem I've encountered thus far is my front spoiler occasional scraping due to the lower ride height, but that's to be expected I guess.
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Eibach makes a camber correction kit ???

Cool... I was thinking about lowering my car but I was waiting for a camber kit.... did it just come out in the last year or so??

It's been a while since I did any searches.... the suspension is going in after I figure out how the car is going to sit with the extra weight from the larger engine.
Goldenboy
Super

Post by Goldenboy »

I have a 1.6 inch drop and the only place I get rubber is for the back wheels. You have to shave the inside of the wing a bit. But the rest of the suspension seem to hold the drope great.

MAt 8)
daewooluvr
Expert

Post by daewooluvr »

Well I was going to post the link to the listing but one of the Eibach servers are down right now.
They should get it up and running shortly but in any case go to http://www.eibach.com and go to the application guide.
2000 Daewoo Lanos HB - Its green

Check me out at http://sdconsulting.weebly.com
SuperDuperDaewoo
Junior

What are the top three sport compact springs and struts? And how do I know if they will fit correctly?