red tint for backlights

Body Kits, Rims, Suspension, Wings, Lighting etc and exterior detailing.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

fernand187pr

red tint for backlights

Post by fernand187pr »

ok here it goes! damn i buy today 4 feets of red tint for the back lights... the first 2 feets are on the trash because is pretty hard to do this... is like a sticker or like contact paper... the problem is that lanos hatchback backlight many curves that make hard to do this, the are bubles everywhere... somebody can help? i try the blower because i here something about but i dont know how to use the fuc@#$@# blower... help plz! :?: :evil:
daewooluvr
Expert

Post by daewooluvr »

It's just like tinting a curved surface. head up the material so that it is very pliable then from the apply the center and move outwards either using a small squeegie or credit card. if this still doesn't work, try to use some sort of soapy water like you would with decals so you can just move it around as you see fit and makes it easier to squeegie the bubbles out.
2000 Daewoo Lanos HB - Its green

Check me out at http://sdconsulting.weebly.com
mocpac

Post by mocpac »

Pacience is the key of all. Use some flat object or a foot can (I prefer cans because they are gound and are easy to control).

Where do you buy the thint, I cant like 1 ft for my nubira tale light.
ImageImage
fernand187pr

Post by fernand187pr »

ok the problem is that the tint is not like a regular window tint, is not with water and soap, is like a stiker like a contact paper, already have the glue, u just releas the paper and just have one oportunity... now understand the problem?

moc pac i buy it here in bayamon, a place name rafy's auto desing, $5 per foot... mmm i dont know how to explain very well were is it... here it goes in spanish man! ok esta al ladito de la numero 2, solo tienes q desviarte y lo tienes rapido, si sabes donde esta la farmacia graciaela o video premier o el pitusa es justo en esa calle al final de la cuesta frente a una gasolinera... si no pues en la numero dos donde esta yiyi motor, si vas subiendo la cuesta la luz despues de yiyi motor a mano derecha y lo vas a ver a tu izquierda! si no entiendes me avisas no soy bueno para direcciones mano! hehehe sorry for the spanish but is hard to explain :?