Air strut suspension

Body Kits, Rims, Suspension, Wings, Lighting etc and exterior detailing.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Air strut suspension

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Did anybody see the articles in Sport Compact Magazine this month about the new Air struts??

They sound way cool.... I think they are made by Bridgestone/Firestone and they are called Praxis (not sure on the spelling)

For anyone who didn't read the article.... the Praxis system shown is an inverted air strut for the Subaru WRX (plus other models) that allows you to drop your car as much as 2" at the flick of a button and they are also adjustable to go from a stock spring rate to a very stiff "track" setting that will make your fillings fall out if you hit a bump.

It's basicly like a coilover setup but you don't have to get out there and turn the coilovers to reduce the height.

It has three settings...
#1 = Stock Height + Stock stiffness (soft progressive rate)
#2 = 1" drop in height + street stiffness (medium progressive rate)
#3 = 2" drop in height + track stiffness ( very stiff high progressive rate)

As well the air struts are self leveling so there is no guess work involved in moving the car up and down.

It looks like they are presently really expensive but once everyone else starts making them the price will probably drop to something reasonable.
Efratech
Admin

Post by Efratech »

Wow! :!: i cant imagine my self using one of those.... for street use the setting #2... for slaloms the #3! 8)

lets hope there are some Praxis made for daewoo :cry: ... No wait... i forgot our cousins OPEL POWER!
'88 Pontiac Lemans GTE - 2.0 16v XE - fully programable ECU, Custom made intake manifold and other bits.
146.6WHP/135lb.ft - 14.81@94mph