06-08 Forenza/Optra carbon fiber hood anyone interested

Body Kits, Rims, Suspension, Wings, Lighting etc and exterior detailing.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

blue4renza

06-08 Forenza/Optra carbon fiber hood anyone interested

Post by blue4renza »

Please if anyone is interested in this please email me Chrisb18360@aol.com. I am looking into this site that will make a carbon fiber hood and trunk for the forenza/optra
blue4renza

Re: 06-08 Forenza/Optra carbon fiber hood anyone interested

Post by blue4renza »

The prices will be around $500 for the hood and $600 for the trunk but these are estimates the company has to have the oem parts for about a week and then the carbon fiber ones are gonna be produced if any one is interested just contact me and ill give u the info on the company
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Re: 06-08 Forenza/Optra carbon fiber hood anyone interested

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Sorry to rain on your post but this seems too good to be true, molds alone for this type of project would cost tens of thousands of dollars.

Usually companies will not go into a new application unless they have a pile of requests and they are sure they can turn a profit by selling 50+ sets.

At $500 / $600 they can't be making much profit, the cost of epoxy resin, carbon fiber, vacuum bagging and most importantly north american labor should result in a cost that is most likely over what they have quoted you. I would expect a quote of at minimum $1000 but more likely $2000 per piece

I don't know which company it is you have approached, you had better do your homework before you give them your car or money.

Sorry to set off alarms, but I do know quite a bit about molds/fiberglass/resin/carbon fiber and I even at one point contemplated the purchase of a company that specialized in aftermarket automotive.

The problem is being competitive as a north american company when your competing against parts coming from markets where the labor is cheap.

Labor is a the primary controlling factor on price, the only companies I've seen that can produce a carbon fiber or fiberglass/carbon hood for $500 are the ones importing mass produced Chinese hoods which typically have poor quality control on the finish of the edges and fitment.

If you do get this hood for $500 and it seems good I would love to know the company as I will gladly swap them with requests.
2010 BMW 335D
1994 Opel Calibra 4X4 turbo ( C20LET 2.0L Turbo )
2002 Daewoo lanos