How to replace bulb in a projector headlight

Body Kits, Rims, Suspension, Wings, Lighting etc and exterior detailing.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

egarry17

How to replace bulb in a projector headlight

Post by egarry17 »

How to replace bulb in a projector headlight for 2007 Chevrolet Optra 5 ?
Thanks.
Daniel
Expert

Re: How to replace bulb in a projector headlight

Post by Daniel »

Is this not described in your user manual?
Regards,
2woo4you0

Re: How to replace bulb in a projector headlight

Post by 2woo4you0 »

egarry17 wrote:How to replace bulb in a projector headlight for 2007 Chevrolet Optra 5 ?
Thanks.
It's really easy and I'm sure you could figure it out. Just look on the back of the headlight. I can't remember if it needs removed but since it's your first time I'd recommend removing the headlight. If you leave it in you won't be able to see anything and will have to work with your hands. If you've never done it that will be much harder. After actually seeing it once you'll be able to leave the headlights in easy.

I think there are three bolts to remove the headlight. If I remember right the grille might also snapped into the headlights. Sorry I no longer have my optra 5 so it's been awhile. Either way you'll be able to see if the grill is, and it might have to be removed but that's easy.

Once the headlights are out twist off the cap (or pull it off) behind the bulb you are trying to replace. You'll see a little metal clip holding the bulb in, this clip needs pushed in on one side and pushed up or down to release it. After that remove the bulb and follow the steps backwards. Make sure you DO NOT touch (even if you washed your hands) the bulb with your skin as any oil will cause the bulb to burn out much sooner. Use gloves or a spare shirt at least. That clip is a bit tricky to remove/install sometimes because of the electrical wires.

The Optra 5s projectors low beam uses an H7 and high halogen uses an H1 if I remember correctly.