Different taillights for Lanos HB? Leganza projectors?

Body Kits, Rims, Suspension, Wings, Lighting etc and exterior detailing.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

2woo4you0

Different taillights for Lanos HB? Leganza projectors?

Post by 2woo4you0 »

Sorry I know this has been posted but there wasn't much detail or how they looked other then the taillights I already have with the black insert and how i can be removed for a different look. Can someone post pictures of the different taillights available for the HB or at least explain the differences? I'm trying to remove the black insert piece w/ the amber and red cover but after doing two sets and failing I need to look for other options. I've pulled apart lots of taillights/headlights/foglights/ect but with the Lanos either the outer clear cover is so brittle it cracks or I had one that melted because I tried leaving it in longer to get the glue soft enough that the cover practically fell of so I wouldn't crack it. It wasn't even that hot or long. Another guy that lives in my state has gone through 3 taillights being getting it done on the fourth.

What I'm trying to accomplish is get ride of the amber cover so I can have 6000k turn signals to match my xenons as well as open up more room in the taillight to help with cooling because I upgraded all my taillights with higher wattage bulbs. I've also had some of the red fade to look pink.

The Leganza has projectors?!?! My first car was a Daewoo, I've owned half a dozen of them and modded them all but somehow never knew it did. At least it looks like it does. Can someone post close up pictures of the front and back? And if anyone has pictures of the projector outside of the headlight housing that would be great. A friend of mine is thinking of using a projector for a front turn signal, he has LED strip turn signals/DRLs near the fogs, as well as turn signals in his side mirrors that can be seen from front/side, side-side, and rear/side so he's not worried about the fact that a turn signal projector can only be seen from straight on. He didn't know the leggy had projectors either and likes the idea of being able to use another Daewoos part. I'm also interested in using a leggy projector for a reverse light. So beam pattern would be cool as well.

Can someone post details about the leggy projector? Like is it low beams only or a dual high/low bulb, what kind of bulb does it use, if it's high/low what system does it use to change from low to high, it's halogen correct, what's the dimensions of the lens, dimensions of the whole projector, and does it use a frensel or frost lens or other? And any other info that you think might be helpful.

Thanks! 8)
2woo4you0

Re: Different taillights for Lanos HB? Leganza projectors?

Post by 2woo4you0 »

I found many different taillights but don't have anywhere to post the pics....does this forum not have a pic gallery?

Can someone give me info on the red/clear taillights include the trunk tails? The taillights appear to have one brake light (red, on bottom) and one turn signal (clear, on top). The trunk mounted taillights also have a red and clear section..one I'm sure if the reverse light but is the other a brake light or just red relector? I was going to replace my reverse lights with switch back LEDs that are RED with brakes (only coming on with brakes) as well as clear when I put the car in reverse. However the bulbs are $10 extra and only 4 watts while all my other bulbs are 7-10watt LEDs so they don't work well. If these other trunk mounted tails have extra brake lights wtih reverse lights that'd be amazing.

Also why do some Lanos have one red&clear trunk mounted taillight and the other totally clear? Did the factory ever have the red/clear taillights (both regular and trunk mounted) available smoked? ...or KDM smoked? I found OEM suppliers in which the tails look slightly smoked but it's hard to tell with camera flash. Either way I'm tinting the red part but it's hard to get the red edges of lights as dark as the center so if the red plastic was dyed slightly smoked before being molded it would be perfect. Manufactures don't speak great understand English well enough to get good information on them. :ctf2:

Lastly does anyone know what exact make, model, year, body type, engine type, and which geographic locations had the red/clear tails and trunk mounted tails? Closer to US the better.
MMamdouh

Re: Different taillights for Lanos HB? Leganza projectors?

Post by MMamdouh »

upload pics to www.photobucket.com and post the links here

i don't think their are any OEM tinted taillights... what you saw could have been a camera/flash issue

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267