How to put a LED behind instrument dash and headlight

Body Kits, Rims, Suspension, Wings, Lighting etc and exterior detailing.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

bathuu

How to put a LED behind instrument dash and headlight

Post by bathuu »

Hi guys,
Does anyone have a guide or an experience about putting LED light behind gauge dash?

also

how to put halo LED or angel eye LED light in front headlight?

I've searched around forum and could not find any related topics. There is a guide about making angel eye, however it has no or missing pictures.

Cheers
Daewoo Lanos 98' 1.5 SOHC 5d Hatchback, MT, LHD
Trackerrrr

Re: How to put a LED behind instrument dash and headlight

Post by Trackerrrr »

If the dash lights are standard bulbs like the 194 then you can buy the LED replacements and just replace them yourself. I have seen other ppl install the angel eye mods on other cars, usually involves heating the headlamp assembly in an oven til the lens and body can be separated, installing the angel eye kit, then bonding the lens back to the housing.
Chris
1999 Leganza SX
nefary
Junior

Post by nefary »

You Must choose the right bulb type . most bulbs not spread light and you will suffer from light spots on the dashboard face . so i recommend to use the SMD bulb light . or glue some bulb stripes inside the dash board . we made that very much here
zakar0tta

Post by zakar0tta »

very cliver thanks Nefary.
;)
2woo4you0

Post by 2woo4you0 »

If you don't know much about LEDs don't buy them until you do as you could waste allot of money before getting LEDs that work good for the application your using them for.

I'm learning about LEDs but found someone that already changed his Lanos gauges colors and with LEDs and just paid him to to do mine and got a gauge cluster with tach from him too. I told him he should sell them cuz I know people ask about it on here allot. He even "calibrated" his gauge and added it up to 140mph by using GPS without clear lens on gauges to mark his actual speed then reprinted the speedo which I want to do when my Lanos can actually go that fast. lol