Lemans hood compatibility

Body Kits, Rims, Suspension, Wings, Lighting etc and exterior detailing.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Davinci_360

Lemans hood compatibility

Post by Davinci_360 »

I was wondering if the hood from a '93 Lemans will fit on a '89 Lemans. I'm going for a subtle badboy look ... are there any clearance issues with the fenders and/or headlights?
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Re: Lemans hood compatibility

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Hard to say... your basicly trying to put an Astra Mk3 hood on an Astra MK2 body so I'm not sure if that is possible.

If you want a badboy look you should just buy the inserts from the UK... they are pretty cheap if I remember correctly.
2010 BMW 335D
1994 Opel Calibra 4X4 turbo ( C20LET 2.0L Turbo )
2002 Daewoo lanos
Davinci_360

Post by Davinci_360 »

I've seen a lot of the inserts, and they look too aggressive to me. I don't want my car to look angry - I just want the headlights to narrow toward the middle a little. I found some pics of what I'm looking for ...

I'd like to make my hood/headlights look like this ...

or this! I think this hood is a common aftermarket part because I see it a lot ...
haven't been able to find it sold anywhere, though

here's the '93 Lemans ... looks like the hood might work - it's hard to judge just by sight though
Pir0
Expert

Post by Pir0 »

You'd need to change the headlights and possiblew indicators/blinkers, and if you have to change those you'd hafta change the wings.

Judging by the pic although still a mk2 astra shell, it looks more similar to the way the mk3 astra is set up in terms of the front bumper, with the grill seperate. You might even need to make an adjustment to that, but the headlights look smaller so maybe not. Either way, the easiest thing to do is buy/make 2 bits of metal in the shape you want, weld them on and get a bitta isopon to smooth things out and spray it. Really not that difficult.
SAZ
---------------------
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

I belive you can get the "bad boy" inserts in fiberglass or steel, I think the steel are less common.

GsiTurbo used a fiberglass piece and it came with an adhesive ( probably an epoxy of some sort ) to attach it to the hood.

They were then smoothed out and the whole hood painted.
2010 BMW 335D
2002 Daewoo lanos
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Oh that reminded me of something..... lots of the guys around here use Vinyl stick on pieces on their SRT-4

The guy around here basicly matches your paint to the vinyl and cuts them to the exact shape you want.

They actually look decent, it's only up close that you notice that it's on the light and not part of the hood.

here is an example, except the local guy who makes them does a better job.... these ones are more noticeable

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dodge-Ne ... ccessories
2010 BMW 335D
2002 Daewoo lanos
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

you could also make it so that the eyelids are not attached to the hood.... you could attach them to the lights.

here is a simple kit.... these guys sell all kinds of stuff for going over the lights.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-Foc ... 240%3A1318
2010 BMW 335D
2002 Daewoo lanos