fender light cover

Body Kits, Rims, Suspension, Wings, Lighting etc and exterior detailing.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

blackielaw
Junior

fender light cover

Post by blackielaw »

Does anybody know how to remove the orange coloured cover covering the lights on the Lanos fenders? thanks
Wolf-Spirit
Expert

Post by Wolf-Spirit »

orange what?

if yor takling about the fog light holes those are screwed on yust go under the car and you should be able to reach it on the leftside.. rightside you need to remove a plastic triangle first
BosnianLanos
Expert

Post by BosnianLanos »

I think I know what you're talkin' about. The orange colored lights on the fender that come on when your parking lights are on. If you're trying to clear them, I think your best bet would be to find some clear replacements. But if you really want to take the cover off most of those covers are just popped in or may require some turning counterclockwise to pop them off.

I believe these lights are only on the North American Lanos.
Tim04
Super

Post by Tim04 »

You will have to remove them, get a heat gun or blow dryer to loosen the glue(silicon around the enclosed area, peel it off, then chip out the orange plastic panel, replace the bulb with an amber colored bulb(to stay legal) and replace the front cover and glue or silicone it back in place and reconnect it. Make sure it is sealed or it will collect moisture and you;ll be replacing bulbs all the time. :P
blackielaw
Junior

Post by blackielaw »

wanted to replace them and put clear ones in fact. thanks for your help
daewooluvr
Expert

Post by daewooluvr »

I don't think that it's an orange film that can be peeled off. It looks more like orange translucent plastic. So you may need to fab up some sort of clear marker lights.
2000 Daewoo Lanos HB - Its green

Check me out at http://sdconsulting.weebly.com