Lanos performance suspension parts available? Small listhere

Body Kits, Rims, Suspension, Wings, Lighting etc and exterior detailing.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

kinkyllama
Expert

Lanos performance suspension parts available? Small listhere

Post by kinkyllama »

I’m trying to plan out my lanos build way ahead of time so I don’t waste any money. I did a search already but didn’t get too many links to coil-overs, just names but even that info isn’t very direct. If anyone has links handy please post them.

I’m only interested in well known brands and more interested in adjustable coil-overs that lower the car at LEAST 1.7”. With my lacetti the coil-overs are fully slammed and even on all the softest settings (they’re fully adjustable) the ride is very harsh so I’m afraid of what it’d be like not being adjustable on the lanos.

Here’s what I’ve found from
-KW V-1s coil-overs, height only, ~$1,400usd, 1.77-3.15" front & 1.77 rear. P/n 10260006 ect.
-KW V-2s coil-overs, height and rebound, ~$1,930usd, 1.77-3.15" front & 1.77 rear., P/n 15260006 ect.
-KW sport chassis (no idea on adjustability), ~$700usd, Up to 2.36” all around or as little as 1.2” in the rear depending which model Kadett.
-H&R coil-overs, I think ~$1,680usd, 1.18-2.36.“ rear & 1.57-2.75“ front. P/n 29934-2
-Apex sport kits (not adjustable?), ~$550usd, 2.36” front & 1.58” rear OR ~1.7” all around. P/n SP60-2010(this p/n is the lowest and stiffest available) and a few others.

All the coil-overs are pretty expensive…I’m liking the Apex sport kits best, plus I’m an Apex dealer so it’d be easy for me (and you all) to get ahold of them. Some of the kits are even meant for 2.0l swaps.

This site has the KW and H&R coilovers:
http://www.racelook.de/html_english/index.html
Under lowering it has “VA” and “HA”. I’m guessing the HA is for height adjustable but don’t know what the VA is for.

Are any sway bars available? I couldn’t find any.

Anyone know of any chassis stiffening pieces available or any other parts to help handling other than what I mentioned or strut braces?

Thanks guys,
Danny
Last edited by kinkyllama on Tue May 20, 2008 10:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Coil-overs, sway bars, 13" brakes, LSD, 235mm tires, the works
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
-Undergoing 2.0 swap w/ lots of performance bits
http://www.cardomain.com/id/kinkyllama
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

adjustable coil overswould be nice. my woo sits so low now, it would be nice th be able to raise it in the winter and slam it in the summer. but i cant afford any of those prices. but i would also like to find out about sway bars and eurothane bushings.

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

daewoomofo wrote:adjustable coil overswould be nice. my woo sits so low now, it would be nice th be able to raise it in the winter and slam it in the summer. but i cant afford any of those prices. but i would also like to find out about sway bars and eurothane bushings.
Yeah...expensive :roll:

How low is your car and what did you use?

I can probably have sway bars built if a group buy happened. Anyone intrested?
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
Pir0
Expert

Post by Pir0 »

Are the strut tops the sameon the lanos as the nexia? I know mounts and stuff like that arwe the same, was wonder if the strut tops might be. If they are I might be interested in one for my nexia. But i think garrets in the process of making some.
SAZ
---------------------
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

the center of my front bumper is only a little over 5 inches off of the ground. i have the eibach 1.2 sport springs. yeah 1.2 my ass, its more like 3-4. im interested in the sways, but i know i dont havethe cash for them. i just bought a house on monday..... yeah ill never have cash again.

greenbluewoo
Expert

Post by greenbluewoo »

I bought vogtland springs for my car I just havent put them in yet they lower the car 1.6 and I only paid $250 shipped
Anyone know of any chassis stiffening pieces available or any other parts to help handling other than what I mentioned or strut braces?
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/OMP-Front-Lower-S ... dZViewItem I dont know if this would fit the lanos but its for a astra mk2
2.0 engine swap in the works
greenbluewoo
Expert

Post by greenbluewoo »

does anyone know if this fits the lanos too http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/OMP-Rear-Upper-St ... m153.l1262
2.0 engine swap in the works
Pir0
Expert

Post by Pir0 »

Not sure about those. But I've heard those strut braces that go over the shock tops in the rear do little, to fuck all for your handling.
SAZ
---------------------
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

i have to disagree with that paul. i made a rear strut bar, it made a HELL of a difference!

Pir0
Expert

Post by Pir0 »

Really? Ive had no personal experience. Did yours just mount to the two bolts that hold the shock in? So many people I know, maybe with just the mk2 astras, said they actually seen little to no benefit from it handling wise.
SAZ
---------------------
Efratech
Admin

Post by Efratech »

you can make custom front coilovers on the original front legs, has been done a lot on astras mk2s

will try to get some links later, im not a my computer right now
'88 Pontiac Lemans GTE - 2.0 16v XE - fully programable ECU, Custom made intake manifold and other bits.
146.6WHP/135lb.ft - 14.81@94mph
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

Pir0 wrote:Really? Ive had no personal experience. Did yours just mount to the two bolts that hold the shock in? So many people I know, maybe with just the mk2 astras, said they actually seen little to no benefit from it handling wise.
I can't see it not making a huge difference on any car other than well built sports cars. Even a small lower control arm brace we build for the lacetti made a huge difference mid to end of a corner. I won't even get into the other chassis braces we've built...best bang for the buck as far as handling I've ever done...though probably wouldn't have done as much without the rest of the suspension built (stiff).

Picture of the brace:

Sorry for the size
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

Efrain A. wrote:you can make custom front coilovers on the original front legs, has been done a lot on astras mk2s

will try to get some links later, im not a my computer right now

any luck on that link efrain?

saneone

Re: Lanos performance suspension parts available? Small list

Post by saneone »

kinkyllama wrote:This site has the KW and H&R coilovers:
http://www.racelook.de/html_english/index.html
Under lowering it has “VA” and “HA”. I’m guessing the HA is for height adjustable but don’t know what the VA is for.
It is abbreviation from German language...

HA = Hinterachse = Rear Axle
VA = Vorderachse = Front Axle
Efratech
Admin

Post by Efratech »

daewoomofo wrote: any luck on that link efrain?
stewart from astramk2.com wrote:You need a kit for 2.5" springs, the more common 2.25" ones are too small and won't fit over the strut casing. The springs here are 275lb or 325lb (can't remember which were fitted when the pics were taken) and are used for hillclimbing and sprinting on medium/smooth tarmac. I don't know anything about gravel settings other than needing lower rates and more ride height but you will probably find the yellow helper spring will be unecessary.

The standard top mounts work fine, I used them for a while before upgrading to eccentrics.

The shock inserts are standard length Koni adjustables. The conversion kits come with an aluminium top cap that locates the top of the spring. The kits that compbrake sell look identical to the ones that I used:

http://www.compbrake.co.uk/suspension4.htm

The helper spring just keeps the main spring located in the top spring cap when the wheel is unloaded, it squashes completely flat with the wheel on the ground. With the sort of poundage you need for circuit or tarmac use the main spring doesn't compress very much and isn't long enough to stay engaged in the top and bottom spring platforms with the suspension fully extended.
'88 Pontiac Lemans GTE - 2.0 16v XE - fully programable ECU, Custom made intake manifold and other bits.
146.6WHP/135lb.ft - 14.81@94mph