Fiberglass hood

Body Kits, Rims, Suspension, Wings, Lighting etc and exterior detailing.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

darkw00

Post by darkw00 »

I'm interested in a carbonfiber hood for my leganza let me know if ur still looking for people
show it
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Maximus wrote:1. They are good in what they do
2. how can it be damaged during transport ? I mean, you can jump on carbon fiber and nothing will happen to it :)
3. Yeah the cost of transport can be shitty high, someone has to check what are the costs.
1. Do they normally specialize in molding carbon fiber hoods?

2. The carbon fiber itself won't break but it will still scratch it and crack the resin in low strength areas (especially if the guys don't know what they are doing and don't use the perfect resin) Once scratched it's really hard to remove the scratch since it's not easy to reapply gelcoat evenly.

3. I will check around on shipping charges...... it would certainly be cheaper to import 5 or 10 hoods all at once. (plus you could afford to package it in a crate if everyone is splitting the shipping costs which would result in no damage to the hoods)

I bring equipment in from Belgium and Germany about once every 2 months and the one thing I've learned is to allways pay a little extra and get them to put the parts in a sturdy wooden crate with solid plywood sides.

As well ask them how much for 10 or 20 hoods, if they are really decent quality and price I'd consider importing them.