Need to go to 5 lug from 4

Body Kits, Rims, Suspension, Wings, Lighting etc and exterior detailing.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

JohnnyC
Expert

Post by JohnnyC »

So does this mean that when I go to buy wheels for my Lanos, I'm going to run into a heap of annoyance that most of them won't fit my car?

I've been thinking about getting these Konig wheels... I'm so confused about what will or won't work for my Lanos wheels now. :(
SickDrift
Junior

Post by SickDrift »

kinkyllama wrote:I'm just going to all the wheels sites I know of and like and looking through there wheels in 17x8-9" and 18x8-9" with my bolt pattern. Im wanting to still stay under 20lbs which isnt bad.. my 17s are about 21lbs and I dont notice a huge different going between them and my smaller 13lbs wheels.

I know about all these issues.

The reason im going with a wide bodyied kit is for looks and some extra traction. I dont need to worry about the extra rotation mass or weight of the wheels as I'll be making well over 200whp on the track.. with plans to improve that in the near future.

Danny
I wont argue that 18" wheels dont look completely sick. They do! And having a super fat lip to simulate having RWD is pretty cool too.

The only point to my post was the negatives far out weigh the positives when changing from the stock 15's to 18x7-8's in a race situation on a vehicle like yours. Thats not opinion.

LG
LG
2001 Leganza
Completely stock brutha!
mocpac

Post by mocpac »

JohnnyC wrote:So does this mean that when I go to buy wheels for my Lanos, I'm going to run into a heap of annoyance that most of them won't fit my car?

I've been thinking about getting these Konig wheels... I'm so confused about what will or won't work for my Lanos wheels now. :(
:? dond understand your pint here. You can use those wheels in your lanos w/o any problem/

About wheels 18" to race.. bad idea. 8.5 worst idea.
ImageImage
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

JohnnyC wrote:So does this mean that when I go to buy wheels for my Lanos, I'm going to run into a heap of annoyance that most of them won't fit my car?

yes thos wheels will work on you lanos, with the correct back spaceing which is between 45 and 49, just a thought why dont you get something bigger? id say at least go with a 15" wheel, i havea set of 14's and they look ok but a bit bigger would look soooo much better! :smt045

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

Post by TheGreatAndPowerfulOz »

I found that even changing from 14" to 15" (185/60/14 to 195/50/15) my car has slower 0-100km/h and slower top end.
It's a negative effect, but the car looks better with the bigger wheels. :)
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

but i am sure the driving experiance is way better... i have felt that when going from 175/70/13 to 185/60/14... better grip, braking and cornering so i have no problems losing a bit of my 0-100 time in exchange of better handling.

next step will be some OEM alloy 14" rims from a nubira... cheap and pretty.

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
SickDrift
Junior

Post by SickDrift »

No, those will work just fine. And going to even a 15" is ok too. The key is to find a wheel/tire combo that doesnt increase weight over the original wheel/tire combo (which is easy to do if the original wheels were steel). Also, keep the over all diameter the same as much as possible. Your wheels are really the final gear in the drive train of your vehicle, and, increasing that w/o regearing somewhere else makes your engine work harder than it did before, affecting performance negatively.
LG
2001 Leganza
Completely stock brutha!
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

thats the problem i ended up with... i swaped my owem 13" steel rims with 14" steel rims off a nubira, the overall non suspended weight increased by 1kgm per wheel so i am losing a bit of suspension flexability.

i am planning to get a set of OEM alloy wheels of a nubira... they are nice and light... hopefully not very expensive either

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267