custom carbon fibre hood?

Body Kits, Rims, Suspension, Wings, Lighting etc and exterior detailing.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Audacity Racing
moron

Post by Audacity Racing »

also... for all my shaped components, i used the 5oz hybrid tape. the tape is just thin strips of the material so you can make complex shapes better. this would be better for things like brackets, intake trumpets, etc.

i ended up using it for gaurds around cv's and bell cranks :D
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

I want it to be as light as possible but still want the support and the carbon look. So something like audacity has would be nice.

Although im probably not going to do this.. im focusing on some other things for now
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Coil-overs, sway bars, 13" brakes, LSD, 235mm tires, the works
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
-Undergoing 2.0 swap w/ lots of performance bits
http://www.cardomain.com/id/kinkyllama
dog

Post by dog »

And here is a link to a site that carries everything else. Marine quality and very good prices for about the best you can buy. including kevlar cloth in diff weights and bias. 5 oz x38" kevlar $16.95 per yard when buying only 1-4 yards and 5oz x60" for $24.95 per yard buying less than 4 yards.

http://www.raka.com/index.html

Speaking of bias that is where you can gain alot of strength with less layers. Alternate your layers with the weave turned diagonaly in each layer so no matter which way you push or pull it you are fighting the weave not strecthing it.
boricua76

fiberglass hood or carbon fiber where can i find them

Post by boricua76 »

need to know where can i find the hoods ,,,,which country and store..willing to buy .....