Insane 1000 WATT bulbs!

Body Kits, Rims, Suspension, Wings, Lighting etc and exterior detailing.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

Post by TheGreatAndPowerfulOz »

mmamdouh wrote:
Audacityracing wrote:
hahahahaha, you could run a fast food resturant off your hood :lmao:
any body want "hood" dogs? :lol:

MMamdouh
MMamdouh: "I only cook at night."

LOL
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

TheGreatAndPowerfulOz wrote: MMamdouh: "I only cook at night."

LOL
i couldn't think of a better slogan, nice idea OZ. :lol:

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

for the time beeing i replaced the fried 265/260watt bulb with the old 100/90bulb till i get a new set but i have noticed that the 100/90 bulb is much brighter than the 265/260 :?:

why is that? i mean the bigger bulb is supposed to be brighter... right? or is this kinda like audio where it depends on the power fed to the speakers rather than the max power it can handle?

i mean with stock electric current the 100/90watt is fully utilized and the 265/260watt is barly functioning so that explains the difference in brightness... did i get that right or did i miss something out??

MMamdouh
chronoti
Junior

Post by chronoti »

well if you still have the stock wires it wount be as bright as it could be you should use a lower gauge wire after the relay to get the full use out of it.

my camry has a set of HIR's and they got way brighter when i uped the wires and relay so it's not all in the relay the wires play a large part in it too also the wires going to the relay needs to be enlarged as well. and yes i'm talking about HIR not HID.

also colour temp of the bulb changes things, not all higher temp bulbs are brighter, a 4300k hid is brigher than a 10000k hid but also it would be brighter than a 2300k (if one was made). well point is you want your bulbs around the 4300k mark which is about normal sunlight
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

thanks for the info. but still i don't have an answer... am i better oof with the 100/90 watt bulbs under the current wire/relay setup?? i am not going to upgrade any parts in my headlights system for long time to come so the bulbs i have to get has to work with the current setup.

the way things are right now i see the 100/90 watt are brighter than the 265/260 bulbs... is this because the 265/260 watt requires upgrades to work at its best or what?

also my 100/90 watt bulb is light yellow in color while the 265/260 is kinda dark blue... does the dark tan dim the brightness of the bulb? i got a pic for then both so you can see what i am talking about.

MMamdouh
Audacity Racing
moron

Post by Audacity Racing »

it may be the gas inside the bulb :wink:
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

chronoti wrote: also colour temp of the bulb changes things, not all higher temp bulbs are brighter, a 4300k hid is brigher than a 10000k hid but also it would be brighter than a 2300k (if one was made). well point is you want your bulbs around the 4300k mark which is about normal sunlight
as for the 4300k thing... i got no idea what is that or how a 4300k bulb is brighter than both a 10000k and 2300k bulb... is that kinda optimum level where anything off it is not as bright??

anyways my 100/90 bulb is 3800k and i couldn't find this value on my 265/260 bulbs package at all. :(

MMamdouh
jayw

Post by jayw »

In the UK there's (to my knowledge) nothing like a 1000w bulb... thats 1KW!!!

If i remember correctly WATTS / Volts = AMPS (1000/12=83)... When was the last time you saw a car fuse rated at 83 amps at Wal-Mart???
The average cars alternator only puts out 60-90 amps.

Therefor, i'd guess at some foreign marketing gimmik... maybe they just say "Equivalent to 1000w"?

Another good point someone made is that lightbulbs are all filled with a type of gas which replaces any Oxygen which would allow the filament to burn out. The cooler the gas can keep the filament, the brighter it can glow. Halogen can contain the burning better than whatever's in a household bulb (can't think what its called), even brighter bulbs are filled with Xenon, which i believe is a type of HALON which actively depletes oxygen & used to be in Fire Extinguishers until banned.

Then of course there is the size & design of the filament...

1000w is very optimistic, let alone dangerous!
2000 Nubira CDX estate (mk1)
1990 Citroen BX 16valve
1985 Talbot Samba Cabriolet
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

again thanks for the valuable information again man.

as the lable on the bulb package says; both the 100/90 and the 265/260 bulbs are filled with xenon indeed.

i know the 1000 watt clame is not true by any measurments so i WILL NOT GET THOSE.

also could you elaborate more on the 4200k rating? what does it refer to and why is the 4300k in particular is the rate i should be hunting?

as for the new bulbs i am going to get; the options i am considring are:

1- getting a set of 100/90 watts as those are the brighter ones on my current system.

2- getting a set of 265/260 watts bulbs but with a lighter tan (refer top the pic) as those should be brighter as the wattage suggest.

need your feedback on those options guys.

MMamdouh
BosnianLanos
Expert

Post by BosnianLanos »

If you can get a lighter tint on the 265/260 bulbs, I would go for those as they would be brighter.

I also have those dark blue bulbs and I must say, it is quite difficult to drive with them as the blue light doesn't travel as far as the stock white light. They do look better, but don't do much for regular driving.

The best would be if you could get totally clear 265/260 bulbs.
chronoti
Junior

Post by chronoti »

yes colour rating does change the brightness, thats blue paint on yer bulb, the light has to go through it so you lose light that would shine out but you get the blue effect instead.

the temp rating is the colour of the bulb here is the best FAQ on it and prolly should be added to a sticky

http://hidplanet.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2080

for upgrades it's just a new harnest with thicker wires and thicker wires back to the relay, and maybe (shouldnt need) thicker wires to the battery, also you should have a fuse in line from the relay to the battery or else it could be VERY dangerous.
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

WOW... thats one peice of informative link you got their :shock: :wink:

now i guess i will be getting a lighter tan bulbs with all things beeing even and i won't go past 300 watts so that i won't fry my wiring harness or so.

i don't have a fuse between my battry and relay simply because my upgraded relay is not hooked to the battry, it is hooked to the wires comming out of the OEM relay and that got its own fuse. (in other words the new relay was inserted between the OEM relay and the bulbs).

will keep you posted with what i do next.

MMamdouh
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

got myself a set of ANGELITE bulbs with 100/90 watt rating, blue tan and filled XENON gas.

those where the best i could find relability wise... all other bulbs were having crazy watt ratings like 1000/500, 320/300 and all and they are all made in china and the finish on those things are very skeptical.

i bulbs i got are made in Korea using German raw material and it is nicly packaged and got KS A/ISO9002 thing so it seems like a reliable product.

i will try those later to day as i have a night drive to do... will give feedback on how they work later.

MMamdouh
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

the bulbs are strong and clear... way better than ther 260/260 watt :) now all i have to do is adjust the beams and i am all set.

MMamdouh
karim
Junior

Bulbs

Post by karim »

Hi,

The best bulbs that you can buy in Egypt are Osram they are German bulbs. The bulbs that are full of gas or blue tinted (Fake Xenon) are ALL SHITTY that are sold in Egypt, only PIAA makes look a like HID bulbs but they are $$. When you install higher watt bulbs you have to change the wires and relay, and always install the relay next to BATTERY, this way you will ensure all the power to the bulbs. I have 265/260 in my car and they are very bright. The diownside is they burn fast if you use the high beam a lot. I even tried to use L/H beam togther and what a light but it burn so fast. In my new car I have HID and just installed HID in my fog lights and what a light, but my wallet is so borken, but thank god that the seller is my best friend and I pay in installments :D