Help with Foglights etc LooK

Body Kits, Rims, Suspension, Wings, Lighting etc and exterior detailing.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

DavesDaewoo
Super

Help with Foglights etc LooK

Post by DavesDaewoo »

Hey guys, My lanos Hatchback has fog lights on it but no switch to turn em on, i checked out the ownercs manual and the switch should be on the dash beside the hazards and a clock should be in the middle, doesnt have it, Now I am wondering since the foglights are there what are the chances of the wiring all being there and just a dummy plate where i could buy a switch and have the ability to utilize my fogs? LMK guys very interested, i nmay go to a scrap yard and grab the whole clock and everything but wondering basically if i should grad the wiring or if it could be there,

Dave
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

Post by TheGreatAndPowerfulOz »

When I asked my local Daewoo dealer, they said the switch is $12.95.
As you know, some dealers can charge more than others, so check out www.gm-car-parts.com and if the switch is not listed, call them and get a price.
It can't hurt; I think even the phone call is toll free. :)

Cliff
DavesDaewoo
Super

Post by DavesDaewoo »

So are you saying what im thinking, since the lights and most wiring seems to be there that more then likely its just a dummy plate over the wires? thats what im willing to bet on its just a matter of putting in the switch, i hope so, and hopefuly the clock is the same thing

Thanks alot cliff, I am hoping our thoughts are correct, cheap mods lol

DAve
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

Post by TheGreatAndPowerfulOz »

I want to install OEM fog lights, but my car does not have the wiring harness. I will have to buy a switch and a pair of fog light, then install all my own wiring and a relay to turn them on. Nothing dificult at all. :)

Cliff
damian007vk
Super

or

Post by damian007vk »

or you can do what i did with my factory fog lights i installed in my lanos..just wire them directly to your existing turn signal and headlight switch...I have them come on at the first turn with just my corner lights, and also with the second turn of the switch when my headlights turn on
BosnianLanos
Expert

Post by BosnianLanos »

Watch out with those OEM foglights. In a fairly short amount of time they fill up with water and the interior starts rusting creating a crappy look on your front bumper, I took mine off, cleaned them, resealed them, and behold, water again. IDK if it's just a '99 problem but one of my neighbors with a newer Lanos has the same problem. I ripped mine out, got some "ricey" APC ones, put them in the fog light holes and put mesh behind them so it doesn't look so po'. IMO my car looks better and is a lot brighter. Personally I don't think you'll have a harness but rip that dummy plate off and check...If not, go to Autozone and buy a wiring harness, looking at the one I have it's pretty easy to install. :D
asam
Expert

Post by asam »

Watch out for APC stuff. Most of it is cheaply made. Not even up to Daewoo standards.j/k. The stuff looks good but Just make sure you check for quality before buying.
BosnianLanos
Expert

Post by BosnianLanos »

I know it's crap...LOL, but at least they don't flood.
DavesDaewoo
Super

Post by DavesDaewoo »

Thanks guys ill give it a shot, Ive been busy installin my stereo here and kinda short on cash till i sell my other car, which should be by the end of the week after its certified etc etc, BIG HASSLE, but iam also in the lookout for a club around here to join as well, but id like to sport the daewootech.com stickers on my car but i dont see them around to buy anywhere, daewootech.net has them but are sold out, Help me out here lol

Dave

Future plans,
Moonroof, Exhaust, Tint , Body kit, Rims , And Interior, Welcome any ideas, PM me with sudjestions or items forsale / people to talk to about discounts etc lol