compatible components for Lanos body

Body Kits, Rims, Suspension, Wings, Lighting etc and exterior detailing.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

yoshida

compatible components for Lanos body

Post by yoshida »

I've been browsing my local reseller's catalogs looking for clear blinker caps (the ones on the side) but with no result. Does anyone know of compatible caps for another car?
Same goes for sideskirts, bumpers, spoilers, exterior mirrors, head- and rearlight housings etc. So I'm looking for aftermarket exterior fittings compatible with Lanos, even if it's produced to fit other brands and makes. Verified suggestions only plz, if possible with pictures.
Rodd1s
Expert

Post by Rodd1s »

ive tried this search before... didnt turn out good to be honest.

there are of course universal parts you could use: front splitter, rear spoilers... ebay's your friend on this one. lol

otherwise, if you're up for a bit of custom work, search for octuning's lanos/206 frankencar creation thread.
Cargo cultism is a beautiful thing as long as you never fall for it.
yoshida

Post by yoshida »

Thanks. So there's not much compatible body fittings?
Rodd1s
Expert

Post by Rodd1s »

from when i did this little search to try and use front bumpers from other cars, the dimensions are obviously the main concern, becos not alot of cars are identical in width to within say half an inch.
if you were to get an aftermarket front bumper from another car, go for one thats wider, becos its easier to shorten the width of a bumper than it is to widen it by cutting a section from the middle of the bumper and moulding it back together.

i never got round to looking at rear bumpers, but i think it'll probly be easier to find a compatible one as it has much smaller dimensions then the front. (make sense?)

as far as other body panels go... well just look at the design of the lanos, where else have you seen a similar design? i havnt. lol

did you manage to find octuning's custom work thread?
Cargo cultism is a beautiful thing as long as you never fall for it.
yoshida

Post by yoshida »

I have, and sent him a PM. Sideskirts, front- and rear bumper are semi-compatible components intended for three other cars.
And you're right, I've never seen a car like the Lanos. It's... well 'beautiful' isn't quite the right word, but it stands out in a positive way. You can notice it packs a punch.

But why would I be here if I wouldn't like it to stand out more and pack a heavier punch? ;) OCTuning is the best thing that ever happened to a Lanos, and he sets quite an example.
Pir0
Expert

Post by Pir0 »

Different, is the word you're looking for to descrive the lanos xD
SAZ
---------------------
Dillon
Expert

Post by Dillon »

Some civic parts fit and some neon. but it all has to have some work to look good and fit right

KDM 2.0 Nubira
yoshida

Post by yoshida »

Dillon wrote:Some civic parts fit and some neon. but it all has to have some work to look good and fit right
How does that work for blinker caps, grind down the existing fixture points and glue the new caps on?
Pir0
Expert

Post by Pir0 »

That's what i did for my oval side repeaters.

The clip for the wires was too big to fit through the hole so i just got a file out and cot out a small square so it would fit through, then glue them on, which i havent done yet
SAZ
---------------------