Penniless Aveo Owners Responsible for Pathetic Aftermarket

Body Kits, Rims, Suspension, Wings, Lighting etc and exterior detailing.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

As a side note.... $449 shipped for what is included in the auction is a very good price.... those headlamps are expensive.

Personally I would expect to see this type of conversion go for something closer to $800 to $1000

I'm not trying to defend Delta Motor AG here, but I could see how he'd be upset if he invested money into these kits and couldn't find a seller.

Personally I see the Aveo aftermarket as a dead end, anyone with money (such as myself) would opt for a cheap Lanos or Nubira with a dead engine ( EBay for $500 )

I also think that the Saturn Astra will definitly get some spotlight, but I doubt that much of it will transfer over to the Aveo.... especially if a redline version with a 2.0L or 2.2L turbo comes out.
2010 BMW 335D
1994 Opel Calibra 4X4 turbo ( C20LET 2.0L Turbo )
2002 Daewoo lanos
GsiTurbo
Super Moderator

Post by GsiTurbo »

I am not trying to defend any sides, and I dont find "barking at each other" a good example for the board...so everyone please play nice!!!

What I am saying, is that during the 360 Dynamics era (I sort of miss it...but then remember how much money I lost on it LOL), the company had in the assortment a couple of full bodykits for the Aveo, and the full Aveo KDM conversion (including the new front bumper). There was lots of pep-talk etc, but actually no one really put any money down for the kit. No company will make a bodykit for $99, and shipping cost for an individual, or even small company, will be in the range of US $300. Personally, I think the price is fair. Back when, I talked with GM europe advertising and distribution, and they absolutely did not want to offer the Kalos blue kit to north america... I am glad they changed their mind. Personally, if I had the Aveo, I would jump and buy this kit. Bottom line is, people who own Aveo, are generally very young and small disposable income, or it is their "daily driver" and have no interest in modifications. As a result, anything above and beyond 0.99 LED kits will not sell.

My 5 cents...

Tom

Post by Audacity Racing »

PrecisionBoost wrote:I also think that the Saturn Astra will definitly get some spotlight, but I doubt that much of it will transfer over to the Aveo.... especially if a redline version with a 2.0L or 2.2L turbo comes out.
1. There won't be a redline for this version... 2010-2012 will be the new release with the aluminum ecotec and the optional turbo, if they do it

2. The 2009 Aveo uses the 1.6L VVT engine ;)
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Uhhhh.... ok.... I'm still not getting how the Astra has anything to do with the Aveo..... sure some engine parts are the same but the body is totally different.

They allready make a Z16LET ( 1.6L Turbo ) for the Astra H and the Meriva (which is mated to an M32 gearbox) .... 8.8:1 compression... 177hp @5500 RPM

There are thousands of aftermarket parts for the 1.6L engine allready..... if you have a hard time finding them.... you need to bang your head against your desk 10 times really hard and try again.

Most people don't have the money or could not be bothered to order from overseas.

Most suppliers with half a brain won't bring over parts from overseas just so that they can sit on the shelf while some young kid whines about how expensive parts are compared to Ebay Civic parts.

This is getting off topic.......... basicly I'm saying that the Aveo is never going to be a car like the Civic but the Astra has allways had that status..... in fact there might be more "tuned" Astras than Civics if you look at the world market where the Astra is one of the most popular vehicles on the planet.

Any way you cut it.... aftermarket investment into the Aveo is a dead end.... stick to the Lanos, Nubira, Lacetti, Astra and you might survive.

If someone has some cash to invest into an Aveo then it's just as easy to get a shop to do some custom work on it.... overall the prices aren't that different if you have someone that knows what they are doing.
2010 BMW 335D
1994 Opel Calibra 4X4 turbo ( C20LET 2.0L Turbo )
2002 Daewoo lanos