Penniless Aveo Owners Responsible for Pathetic Aftermarket

Body Kits, Rims, Suspension, Wings, Lighting etc and exterior detailing.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Delta Motor AG

Penniless Aveo Owners Responsible for Pathetic Aftermarket

Post by Delta Motor AG »

Many Aveo owners (primarily males in the 18-34 age bracket) have been complaining online about the lack of aftermarket parts for the North American Chevrolet Aveo and it's sister models (Pontiac Wave and Suzuki Swift+).

When photos of the European Daewoo Kalos Sport appeared on Aveo forums, numerous members expressed interest in importing the unique European parts to dress up their boring and effeminate Aveo's.

Apparently only one Aveo owner in the states actually put his money where his mouth is - spending a small fortune and several months convincing dealers in the UK to sell / ship him all the necessary parts.

This owner recently listed the parts on eBay and to date, there has yet to be one single bid. A recent re-listing shows a bid of only $199.00. Pretty pathetic.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... 0191393163

PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Although I enjoyed your Avatar, I thought it was a bit on the hot side.... so I deleted it.... please don't post something like that again.

I know where your coming from with regards to the Aveo market, but the cars are fairly new still.

In another three or four years they will be cheap enough to attract people with more money looking to make a small hot hatch.

Unfortunatly the Aveo has some stiff competition out there.... there are a number of small cars like the Suzuki SX4 that have a better following.

You can lead a camel to water but you can't make him drink.
2010 BMW 335D
1994 Opel Calibra 4X4 turbo ( C20LET 2.0L Turbo )
2002 Daewoo lanos
Audacity Racing
moron

Post by Audacity Racing »

I deleted this thread once before because every single post you have made here has been derogatory towards the people who don't buy your crap. I find it ridiculous that you flame people like you have and then have the gall to tell me I mistreated you in a PM.

Get over it... :roll:
Delta Motor AG

Post by Delta Motor AG »

PrecisionBoost wrote:I know where your coming from with regards to the Aveo market, but the cars are fairly new still. In another three or four years they will be cheap enough to attract people with more money looking to make a small hot hatch. Unfortunatly the Aveo has some stiff competition out there.... there are a number of small cars like the Suzuki SX4 that have a better following. You can lead a camel to water but you can't make him drink.
I could not disagree more. The Aveo is cheap enough now to sustain a strong aftermarket. Look at the wide array of performance and exterior parts available for comparritative vehicles from other manufacturers. Unfortunately, unlike these other brands, Aveo owners have consistently failed to support the aftermarket. Erebuni's sales of the horrendous Razzi body kit were so poor that they dropped the kit from their catalog before shutting their doors. Razzi itself has discontinued all new production and is rumored to have sold the molds.

At a recent visit to SEMA, I asked several aftermarket firms specializing in performance parts (i.e. turbochargers, superchargers, etc.) about the possibility of products for the Aveo. When I wasn't laughed at, I was told "we haven't heard a thing from Aveo people" and "the demand isn't there." The problem seems to be that Aveo owners (especially on other forums) seem all too happy to bitch and moan about the lack of performance parts. However, when presented with actual parts (i.e. item #160191393163), they suddenly go silent. You'd figure one of these kids would have a pizza delivery job or something.

God, I wish I had the cash. I hope the auction is still going when I get my tax refund.

Last edited by Delta Motor AG on Sat Dec 22, 2007 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Delta Motor AG

Post by Delta Motor AG »

Audacity Racing wrote:I deleted this thread once before because every single post you have made here has been derogatory towards the people who don't buy your crap. I find it ridiculous that you flame people like you have and then have the gall to tell me I mistreated you in a PM. Get over it... :roll:
First of all, you idiot, this is not my "crap". My eBay ID is AudacityMotorsports.
Secondly, my opinions regarding forum member's failure to support the aftermarket are a hell of a lot more articulate than your moronic ramblings on this forum. Your presence here is as useless as your automotive knowledge. Why don't you continue your pathetic bitch session with me via PM like you have before. Maybe I'll read them - no promises though.
Audacity Racing
moron

Delta Motor AG wrote:
Audacity Racing wrote:I deleted this thread once before because every single post you have made here has been derogatory towards the people who don't buy your crap. I find it ridiculous that you flame people like you have and then have the gall to tell me I mistreated you in a PM. Get over it... :roll:
First of all, you idiot, this is not my "crap". My eBay ID is AudacityMotorsports.
Secondly, my opinions regarding forum member's failure to support the aftermarket are a hell of a lot more articulate than your moronic ramblings on this forum. Your presence here is as useless as your automotive knowledge. Why don't you continue your pathetic bitch session with me via PM like you have before. Maybe I'll read them - no promises though.
No it's not. No such ebay ID exists. Not only that, but your IP matches that of the ebay auction and is the same ebay id as the other kits you've posted time and time again... both here, where you got in trouble for racist comments to members, and on the Aveo board, where you were punished for flaming.

It's getting old, really old. You're a spammer and a troll. I'm sorry you invested in some bodykits that no one is buying, but it's lame to come and flame the owners about it. It's no wonder no one is buying from you. Also, Chris and Efrain both can pull up our PM's or I can post them for you, but you sent the first one and I merely replied.

As for the lack of aftermarket, I doubt you went to SEMA about it. Reason I say that is with the Astra 1.8L being based on the same platform, there is already new product streams on the horizon for us and it's evident all over the place. You're coming here to sell a product no one wants and it makes you look tacky.

Please, for the sake of everyone, drop it.
Delta Motor AG

Post by Delta Motor AG »

Audacity Racing wrote:No it's not. No such ebay ID exists.
Lol. You idiot.
Audacity Racing wrote:Not only that, but your IP matches that of the ebay auction and is the same ebay id as the other kits you've posted time and time again.
Hey guys, this Audacity Racing moron (whose never raced in his life) has figured out a way to get forum members non-static IP addresses and somehow match them to eBay user members. Wow. How do you do it? You must think we're all idiots.
Audacity Racing wrote:It's getting old, really old. You're a spammer and a troll.
Please stop confusing me with your mother. By the way, is she still living under the bridge?
Audacity Racing wrote:It's no wonder no one is buying from you.

They will be. I just bought AudacityRacing.com, AudacityMotorsports.com and within 24 hours, you'll be getting a Name Secure domain takeover for AudacityDesign.com. Sorry.
Audacity Racing wrote:As for the lack of aftermarket, I doubt you went to SEMA.
Funny, I don't remember seeing you there. I guess the "Audacity Motorsports" booth was a little hidden - or are you still waiting for your troll mother to lend you a "start-up" loan?
Audacity Racing
moron

:lol:
AudacityRacing.com still belongs to the offshore racing team with brokerage values set at $18,000 US. Also, I own Audacitymotorsports.com... so you didn't just buy it. Thirdly, I have ICANN rights to both Audacitymotorsports and Audacitydesign, no such thing as a "Name Secure domain takeover" since lifetime rights were purchased on my original registration date.

Your IP keeps pinging back to the same shipping location as the auctions you keep trying to pawn off on people as "not your own." All 13 of them you've posted with.

Nope, didn't go to SEMA... don't have a booth. Won't be there next year either. Hopefully never. I'm curious when going to a self-proclaimed "bling show" was a status symbol for anything other than wasting money, though.

I keep fighting your arguments with verifiable evidence and you just bring up my mom? You're making a great business case... I don't even market to anyone here except a few or personal goods, so it's no skin off my teeth to fight you over the dumb crap you keep bring up.

Say, how's business doing since you got banned from AveoClub?
Delta Motor AG

Post by Delta Motor AG »

Audacity Racing wrote:I keep fighting your arguments with verifiable evidence and you just bring up my mom?
Stop embarrassing yourself, child. I will continue to tweak you like a little bitch because that is exactly what you are - nothing more. I am all too happy to be the only forum member brave enough to counter your pathetic attempts to get the "last word". I'm on vacation so I've got nothing but time, son.
Audacity Racing wrote:so it's no skin off my teeth to fight you over the dumb crap you keep bring up.
You consider the seller's Kalos Sport conversion kit to be "dumb crap"? Pir0 was right about you.
Audacity Racing wrote:Say, how's business doing since you got banned from AveoClub?
I just got an interesting Private Message. Is it true you were convicted of pedophilia in 2002? Gross.
Pir0
Expert

Post by Pir0 »

Audacity Racing wrote:
so it's no skin off my teeth to fight you over the dumb crap you keep bring up.

You consider the seller's Kalos Sport conversion kit to be "dumb crap"? Pir0 was right about you.
Uhhh, what? Why am I getting brought into this? ANd i sure don't remember saying anything of the sort tbh
SAZ
---------------------
exist3nce
Expert

Post by exist3nce »

this is quite entertaining, please continue the shit talking :D
2004 Optra/Forenza/Lacetti - 225whp - Haltech Sprint500 - CT12B - Getrag F28 6spd - KW V3 Coilovers - FX35 Retrofit
2002 IS300 5MT - 615whp - AEM EMS - GT4088R - Built 9.5CR - R154 - TRD LSD - SupraTT T/B - Varex - LS430 Retrofit
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

exist3nce wrote:this is quite entertaining, please continue the shit talking :D
+1

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!
g0ast

Post by g0ast »

I've read all the posts here, and I can't confirm if Audacity is right about Delta's IP being the same as the guy who is auctioning off the Aveo/Kalos stuff, but it would be really sad if it was true, a shameless self advertisement disguised as a pity post. Plus why did he post ALL OF THE EBAY AD PHOTOS IN HIS POSTS? It's as if he's advertising it here, oh wait he is, so that must mean he is the seller.

Anyway, the $199 is quite affordable and I would gladly buy them IF that's what it actually costs, but it doesn't. That seller doesn't fool me with the $250 shipping costs... I did a quicky calculation from the UPS website to determine shipping costs, and assuming the packages (2) combined weigh about 40lbs, and the shipping cost was about $32 with ground...

So its basically a bait and switch thing, or one of those "mail in rebate" types where they say it only costs this much, but it actually costs more. The total cost of shipping and the item is $449, subtract the "actual" shipping and it's $417, which in all honesty is pretty accurate for parts like that.

Like I said, the $199 is pretty afordable... The $449 is not as much, plus the additional cost of painting and installing (unless you do it yourself), so I don't really think calling Aveo owners "penniless" just cause they wont buy it is not that accurate...

That tactic is used all the time in eBay to make a price look better than it actually is, by lowering the actual price of the item, but raising the price of the shipping. It kinda sucks but whatever gets you more views till they find out the total price.

~~~~~~~~~~~

A second response to this thread: We've been complaining about the lack of parts is cause there IS a lack of parts available, the stuff that is available basically SUCKS! Razzi body kits? EEW! Which would explain why that company died, cause their stuff looked like shit and not enough people bought it. Almost everything else that's available is pretty much universal, and that sucks ass too.
At a recent visit to SEMA, I asked several aftermarket firms specializing in performance parts (i.e. turbochargers, superchargers, etc.) about the possibility of products for the Aveo. When I wasn't laughed at, I was told "we haven't heard a thing from Aveo people" and "the demand isn't there." The problem seems to be that Aveo owners (especially on other forums) seem all too happy to bitch and moan about the lack of performance parts.
There is demand, I'm demanding all the time, I do product research, talk to manufacturers trying to get something done. It's not that there is no demand, it's just the Aveo market is an untested market, nobody is sure that if they make products, there will be -enough- people to buy them to make any kind of profit, consider this: When the Honda Civic was remodeled a couple of years ago, before the actual car was being sold, there were already aftermarket parts for it. Why? Cause everybody knows people will buy the car, that's been proven, the Honda Civic is one of the best selling cars of all time so any manufacturer is pretty much guaranteed to be exposed to enough people to make a profit (wether they buy it or not depends on if it's good or in demand).

The Aveo on the other hand is new, it's only been in the US for what? 3, 4 years? The Civic? 15, 20 years? It's a huge difference and it will take time for parts to become available, as the car gets sold more and more. It's only a matter of time.
Last edited by g0ast on Sun Jan 06, 2008 5:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

exist3nce wrote:this is quite entertaining, please continue the shit talking :D

+2

BUT!!!!!! no and i mean NO reason to bring anyones families into this and definately not miss quoting ppl and bringin them into a fight they have nothing to do with. and one more thing i don't like friends being fucked with in any means. so ........ well hard to threaten over the net. never mind. Kenny mostly everyone knows you here and no one cares about this jackass. i wonder if he's related to that one douch bag that got banned here a few years ago?

ps nice way to do business JACKASS :lol:

nick

save a tree, eat a beaver.
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Delta Motor AG wrote:I could not disagree more. The Aveo is cheap enough now to sustain a strong aftermarket. Look at the wide array of performance and exterior parts available for comparritative vehicles from other manufacturers. Unfortunately, unlike these other brands, Aveo owners have consistently failed to support the aftermarket. Erebuni's sales of the horrendous Razzi body kit were so poor that they dropped the kit from their catalog before shutting their doors. Razzi itself has discontinued all new production and is rumored to have sold the molds.
Your certainly entitled to your opinion, but I think your missing the point of whom GM sees as their target market.

The Aveo is a cheap car and thus attracts individuals that don't have a whole lot of money to spare. (such as 17yr old guys/girls and students )

Most are currently in the position where they can't afford upgrades and worry about voiding the warranty.

When the warranty runs out these cars will probably be in the $3500 range and that is when you will see the aftermarket pick up.

When the Lanos first came out there was zero aftermarket ( far worse than Aveo) and as the cars aged things started to pop up here and there.

It's still a fairly small aftermarket, but with the compatibility between Daewoo and Opel drivetrain there is the potential for quite a bit more.

When the Aveo first came out Tom ( 360 Dynamics ) and I chatted about the marketability of the Kalos conversion but even back then there was next to zero response....especially when the price was introduced ( KDM parts )

The ideal way to market them was through Chev Dealerships... since they can't order KDM/Europe components through their current system.

When the Aveo first came out a few of the local dealerships fixed up a unit or two and there was some interest to start but the Aveo's weren't exactly flying off the lots so the dealerships turned their attension to other vehicles such as the Cobalt.
2010 BMW 335D
1994 Opel Calibra 4X4 turbo ( C20LET 2.0L Turbo )
2002 Daewoo lanos