Headlight

Body Kits, Rims, Suspension, Wings, Lighting etc and exterior detailing.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Tim04
Super

Headlight

Post by Tim04 »

I will be changing my lowbeam headlights this friday, and I wanted to know which aftermarket lighting companys product should I go with. I like the Silverstars from sylvania but they are just halogen and will burn out quickly(especially since I have daytime running lamps). I also wanted something with more of a blue tint to them. I dont want the gaudy looking head super duper blue you see on a lot of cars but I would like a tint that is light blue or maybe that BMW looking purplish blue. Let me know what you think. Don't bother recommending HID cause thats not going to happen. I dont need them to be super bright or super powerful. I am quite happy with the amount of light the headlights produce now. A little more wouldn't hurt but I have to think about price. I have seen the bulbs that are part xenon part halogen and I'm thinking that may be my best bet. Let me know what you think.
Thank You! :D
Tim04
Super

Post by Tim04 »

I decided to go with Sylvania Silverstars :D Best bang for the buck.
BTW does anyone know how to turn these damn Daytime running lamps off? I know if I can turn them off it will extend my bulb life.
GsiTurbo
Super Moderator

Post by GsiTurbo »

BTW does anyone know how to turn these damn Daytime running lamps off? I know if I can turn them off it will extend my bulb life.
To do that, you might need the factory electrical manual. Unless there is a separate wire that provides low amp feed for the Daytime lights - if you have a voltmeter, you can see which wire provides the power for that, and if it is the same wire that gives you normal 'lights on' voltage.

Post by Tim04 »

Thank You GsiTurbo, thats a good idea. I'll give it a go. :)
Tim04
Super

INSTALLED

Post by Tim04 »

Got the Sylvania Silver Stars today, and installed them. They were 40.00 at Pep Boys. I will post pics soon. i'm sleepy gotta go to bed. I tell ya, aftermarket H7 bulbs are the hardest to find! I went to one Tuner shop around the corner from me callef CARBOY and they wanted 85.00 for some Raybrig H7 bulbs. The bulbs were incredably blue, and too damn much money. I here they are the best though. Still, 85 bucks is alot of money for some halogen based headlights, I don't care if they are "Super Duper Japanese Quality".
The guy was so rude about it too. He told me "Try Hi/Lo I hear they've got some cheap ones for 20-30.00. Carboy customers expect the best, and thats all we carry."
Anyway the Silvanias look great, and they don't have that funky bluish reflection in the lens either(During the daytime when lights are off). I do hate that, it just screams FAKE! They are clear clean and bright as hell! They outshine my stocks about 2 to 1.
The installation was not the easiest i've had to do I could not find my rachet set so I had to use plyers to remove nuts and bolts. When I detached the Headlight assembly and opened it up there is a very high pressure spring Holding the bulb in place. Getting it off was easy. Getting it back on was not so easy. I really had to struggle( I really could have used some help) Considering I did it at night in the dark-though all went well.
I will post pictures tommorow. If anyone has got questions regarding installation just let me know,
:D
daewooluvr
Expert

Post by daewooluvr »

I got them as well. Very bright
2000 Daewoo Lanos HB - Its green

Check me out at http://sdconsulting.weebly.com
DomWoo
Expert

Post by DomWoo »

they are $29 at walmart
asam
Expert

Killing the day times

Post by asam »

There is a fuse located to right of the drivers side door inside the car. there will be a latch to unhook but then it will have a diagram on the back showing you its fuse position. To kill the lights blow the fuse a nd put it back in this will kill the day times. (I think just pulling the fuse will work, but if not pull it and blow it.)
Tim04
Super

Post by Tim04 »

Asam...

How did you find this out...trial and error or a manual of some kind?
I am going to try it out tommorow.

Thanks,
:)
asam
Expert

Day time lights

Post by asam »

I found this out when I blew that fuse. All the diagrams you need are already there in your car. They put them on the covers. Your owners manual tells shows where the boxes are. You can also do this to cut other things like the Cigarette lighter. It is a good way to save amps if you have a high power stereo. By the way to check if you have cut the power completely take a voltage reading on the fuse.

Good Luck,

Alex
Slammed
Expert

Post by Slammed »

I bought the Silver star lights I love them :D
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

Re: Day time lights

Post by TheGreatAndPowerfulOz »

I love my Sylvania Silverstars.
The only problem is I have not figured out how to point my headlight assemblies down.
Everyone flashes their high beams at me when my lights are on low, and when I put my high beams on, they are aiming too high ... toward the trees and not at the road ahead of the car.

Cliff
DomWoo
Expert

Post by DomWoo »

mine are pointing at the ground, kinda sucks
Tim04
Super

Post by Tim04 »

It takes time to get those headlights pointed back to a relatively stock position. It took me a couple of nights of trial and error, and I still dont feel that it is completely correct. I am going to have to find a good even wall and park somewhere that is not inclined, then re-adjust them. My hi-beams are only good for spotting UFOs now....so I have to go ahead and make some changes. :D
Slammed
Expert

Post by Slammed »

Hmmm kind of odd that you have pointing issues with your new lights I did not have that problem

However my car has the Level things built into the headlight doesn't yours?