Custom Light Brows

Body Kits, Rims, Suspension, Wings, Lighting etc and exterior detailing.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Scotty

Custom Light Brows

Post by Scotty »

Hey all,
Over the last week i started to custom fabricate my own light brows from fibreglass. The 1st one has come out really well and is ready to be painted. Now just to do the second one.
What do you think of my 1st etempt though?

Scotty
Scotty
www.SCOTT991.co.uk << Clicky click!!!! GO NOW!!!!
BosnianLanos
Expert

Post by BosnianLanos »

I commend you, your quality of work is very high, and the finished product looks quite good, but eyelids/brows were never my thing.

The only thing that might be a problem is that they come down fairly far over the headlights, and might block some portion of the light.

If it doesn't block it and the Cops are OK with it, then, GOOD WORK!
Rodd1s
Expert

Post by Rodd1s »

that should look pretty good when its done... nice job!

@BosnianLanos: over here in the UK some people like headlight 'eye-lids' so much... some almost completely cover the lights. havnt ever police say anything about it... altho some people take theirs off when having the car tested.
Cargo cultism is a beautiful thing as long as you never fall for it.
batteryops

Post by batteryops »

good stuff scotty looks the part i have made a good start on the fibreglass bonnet with the eyelids built in I was never into the stick on items but much respect on the custom work looks the part

Will get pics of the progress on the bonnet tomorrow
Dillon
Expert

Post by Dillon »

wow thats top mgrade work there. How did you do it i tried once and crashed and burned haha

KDM 2.0 Nubira
Scotty

Post by Scotty »

Basically all i did was mask up my lights with masking tape. (Really think so no fiberglasss leaked through) Then i applied a wax substance so when i have finnished the fiberglassing i could easily pull it off. Then simply fiberglassed straight onto the light. When the qst 2 layers were done i waited for it to set and peeled it off. I then kept adding more layers untill it was suitably thick enough. Then just added filler to even it out, and alot of sanding.

This was my 1st ever attempt at fiberglassing and have since gone on to make other things. Its a good place to start.

Batteryops, im really interested in your bonnet. Post up picks
Scotty
www.SCOTT991.co.uk << Clicky click!!!! GO NOW!!!!