No Seats, Low on carpet, and too much Aluminum - *Pics*

Body Kits, Rims, Suspension, Wings, Lighting etc and exterior detailing.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Bringrice

No Seats, Low on carpet, and too much Aluminum - *Pics*

Post by Bringrice »

Ok so I decided that im going to take out my back seats in my 2002 Daewoo Lanos Hatchback...

...in order to place this Audiobahn ABB123Q tri-sub box into my trunk with 3 12's (it's been measured, over and over...it fits perfectly)

Everything was looking good untill I removed the rear seat pads for the back seats and was greeted with a big strip of ugly looking metal between where the trunk starts and the floor carpet ends...

So I wanted to know if anyone knew where to find either the daewoo floor or trunk carpeting (they are a little different). If anyone wants to get rid of their spare carpeting just let me know.

Also, around how much would it cost (and how hard would it be) to go to an auto interior shop and get custom molding that matches the rest of the carpet (trunk or floor)?

When I was fumbling around with the seats, I found this rather large black wire coming from the back of the car and disappearing into the wall, does anyone know what it does?

-------------------------------(Part 2)

Ok so I ordered these Aluminum floor mats and they finally arrived the other day. I want to secure them down to the actual floor rather than my stock floor mats.
(yea I realize that im going to have to do a little bending to get the driver side aluminum floor panel to work around the footrest)

I sent this guy an email trying to see if I can squeeze some instructions out of this guy and all I got was this:

Hi Terry,

In order to install the floor mat, you should be expecting to find out how the original floor mat is attached to you existing car and then applied the same method to install the aluminum floor mat. Since the aluminum floor mat is pre-drilled, usually you do not have to drill any holes on it. And you should be able to stablize it by using the given bolts in use with the pre-existing attachment on your car.

Thanks for your attention.
As you can see there are 4 pre drilled holes which is a plus.

That I should fasten down with a few sets of these dinky bolts

But as you can see, there are no existing holes in my car and I really dont want to drill down in the floor... :roll:

So can anyone figure out the most efficent and cosmetically positive looking way to place these mats down without creating holes on my floor? :cry:

I know its a long post, but...I dont know
When hitting it from behind, I prefer to tap it "Daewoo Style"
LanosAus

Post by LanosAus »

That sub box looks amazing, i cant wait to see the finished product. I am about to put 2 x 12inch subs in the back of my Lanos.

Anyway back to your questions,

With the floor mats, i have custom ones and have them attached to the floor with industrial strength velco and they havent moved ever.

With the carpet, i would got to an auto trim place and get it professional done, i assume with that audio equipment you will be going in shows and you want it to look the best.

The black cable has me guessing.

Hope this helps.
Cheers! Evan
Buy a Lanos, you'll love it
Mfree

Post by Mfree »

That black wire more than likely leads to the fuel tank, either the pump itself or the sender leads...
ETR-SCCA 42HS Daewoo Leganza SE
mocpac

Post by mocpac »

Good idea(industrial strength velco), about the wire. Check if that is the one who tell the car if the trunk or door is open.

And thanks for the picture I know that will help another lanos owners.
ImageImage
daewooluvr
Expert

Post by daewooluvr »

I think that wire is a rip cord for the parachute ;)
mocpac

Post by mocpac »

Ja ja ja ja ja ja :lol: . How mutch those metal floor cost :?:
ImageImage
Bringrice

Post by Bringrice »

You can get them for $30, but I prefer not to have my style bitten by anyone :)
daewooluvr
Expert

Post by daewooluvr »

Bringrice wrote:You can get them for $30, but I prefer not to have my style bitten by anyone :)
BR, the whole diamond plate floor boards aren't anything new. I, in fact, was planning on doing it myself in the future.
2000 Daewoo Lanos HB - Its green

Check me out at http://sdconsulting.weebly.com
mocpac

Post by mocpac »

Cool, my old floor mats came w\ them so I dont really want it, I buy a custom set 4 my nubira w\ NUBIRA I written in color black. But ok. I dont like the car w\o the them. Look cheap. But good luk any way. 8)
ImageImage
Bringrice

Post by Bringrice »

Here are the pics of my installed Aluminum floor mats.

I used 4 feet of industrial strength Velcro (got it from Lowes for like $8.99), it worked perfectly and was easy as hell to install.

I didnt put the bolts down because it looked too...Lego-ish

Anyways tell me what you think...
mocpac

Post by mocpac »

NIce Job, Now doyou gonne use the floor mats or not? :?
ImageImage
Bringrice

Post by Bringrice »

mocpac_ser wrote:NIce Job, Now doyou gonne use the floor mats or not? :?
Nah I still have my OEM "Lanos Sport" floor mats if anyone wants them.
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

Post by TheGreatAndPowerfulOz »

Bringrice wrote:
mocpac_ser wrote:NIce Job, Now doyou gonne use the floor mats or not? :?
Nah I still have my OEM "Lanos Sport" floor mats if anyone wants them.

I DO! I DO!
Bringrice

Post by Bringrice »

If youre interested, just PM me what you would want to pay for them, and Ill have them shipped as soon as possible
anesTHEtic34

Post by anesTHEtic34 »

I'm flattening out my back as well. i play bass guitar and have 2 4x10 speaker cabs i have to lug around. i can't afford another vehicle or a trailer, so i figure this would be the best solution for that problem. anyway, i just started on this a week ago, but my plans are to make a level surface all the way from where the base of the back seat was all the way back with a hinged panel over the spare tire well. the seat bracket is going to get in the way. a dremel takes care of it pretty cleanly. another difficulty i'm facing is the dip where the back seat is. i know i'm gonna need some sort of support there, but i don't want to add too much weight. i was also considering using that open space to put in a tool box or something. that might be a little much though. i'll post some pics when i get it done.