camber

Body Kits, Rims, Suspension, Wings, Lighting etc and exterior detailing.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

jidasas
Expert

Post by jidasas »

I am going more for a drag racing setup but I plan on also doing some autocross since Bristol is gonna open it up this summer at street fights. So, I should just leave it alone and not worry about it. Thanks...just saved me a bunch of money and a pita time trying to fix it.

Jimmy
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Post by gse_turbo »

Ok just got the setup for the camber kit writen in autocad so now just to make a sample.

there is four upsides to this kit,
. it uses a strut mount bearing that every shop can get if needed replaced
. it's very easy to install
. you get almost an inch of adjustment and thats just from the prototype, there may be more after
. the most important is that it is very inexpensive

the size an bolt pattern is differnt between the lanos and lemans. i'll build a kit for the lemans based on thi kit shortly.

garrett
Efratech
Admin

Post by Efratech »

you mean the top bolt patter?

3 on lanos vs 2 on the lemans?
'88 Pontiac Lemans GTE - 2.0 16v XE - fully programable ECU, Custom made intake manifold and other bits.
146.6WHP/135lb.ft - 14.81@94mph
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Post by gse_turbo »

yes, the lemans is about 20mm closer together.

although, you could just rotate the lemans strut mount 90 degrees in the lanos bucket and it would work. i'm not sure if it would change the stability of the suspension

garrett
Efratech
Admin

Post by Efratech »

strange because ive being told that i only need to drill the 3rd hole on the strut base in order to fit lanos top mounts.
'88 Pontiac Lemans GTE - 2.0 16v XE - fully programable ECU, Custom made intake manifold and other bits.
146.6WHP/135lb.ft - 14.81@94mph
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Post by gse_turbo »

that's what i assumed to, this morning i went to one of the crap yards that had the two cars basically next to eachother and they didn't measure out the same.

garrett
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Post by gse_turbo »

Efrain A. wrote:strange because ive being told that i only need to drill the 3rd hole on the strut base in order to fit lanos top mounts.
the lemans and the nubira are the same.

update: i made a sample of the "inexpensive" kit (a kit that uses an OE type mount) and things went well, just a but of modification needed. the kit should run about $200 at this point. there will be some cutting to the strut mount "bucket" needed.

the more expensive kit will be like the one stefan made and need no cutting. the cost as of now will be around $350-$400.

garrett
bigted83

Post by bigted83 »

thanks, i'm thinking of going to 16's in wheels and running those tires from nitto that are supposdly suppose to last longer with cars that have negative camber
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Post by gse_turbo »

i'm continuing to work on a high quality 'budget' camber kit using an 'OE' type strut mount bearing, about $200.

i'm also working with a company called Ground Control (ground-control.com) to create a high performance camber/caster kit using thier high end sliders, bearings and bushings. the cost will be upwards of $300 but i don't see why this custom kit from groung control would be more.

so at this point i basically need to poll the forum to see if the 'budget' is worth producing or if the high end kit is price well enough to just produce it.

thanks for the input!

garrett
bigted83

Post by bigted83 »

i'm willing to pay 200 dollars for a camber kit for my car
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

lanos camber kit

Post by gse_turbo »

qwick update:

just got the kit machined and we're starting to test. ride height is looking much better and i think this is the final product. i'll have pics up soon.

garrett
Pir0
Expert

Post by Pir0 »

This is actually such a good piece of kit. Really can't wait for the final product.
SAZ
---------------------