Lanos Rims

Body Kits, Rims, Suspension, Wings, Lighting etc and exterior detailing.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

lanosguy

Lanos Rims

Post by lanosguy »

Hi, what is the biggest size of rims that the lanos can accept without any mods to the wheel arch. Thanks
like the lanos
KnightWalace
Expert

Post by KnightWalace »

IMO... i don't think you'll Need/Want anything bigger than 16/17's at the largest, i'll be betting you can't drop 18's/19's on.... and i'm not even 50% sure u can do 17's w/o modding.
AcingTeam
Expert

Post by AcingTeam »

I wouldn't go higher than 17's... I would probably settle with 16s
KnightWalace
Expert

Post by KnightWalace »

Clicky me, Now darnit

thats tirerack .com... for a 2000 lanos.... Hatchback... just sort through the rims... that will give you an idea.

16"'s are the biggest they offer per se. IMO I think those SSR Competitions 16x7 are sexy if you're doing a dark wheel setup.
daewooluvr
Expert

Post by daewooluvr »

I've got 17s and no rubbing. I've seen Lanos's with 19s and just rolled the fenders. IMO 17 or more is too big if you want speed.
2000 Daewoo Lanos HB - Its green

Check me out at http://sdconsulting.weebly.com
lanosguy

Post by lanosguy »

thanks guys.

KnightWallace...I have a silver car (poly silver on the link that you gave me) so I don't think that the dark rims would be right.

P.S. Do insurance companies charge extra for alloys with the security bolt things - the bolts that you can't get off without the proper tool. I know they charge for alloys on their own.
like the lanos
KnightWalace
Expert

Post by KnightWalace »

on the wheel locks ( i think thats what you mean...) I don't know the insurance end.

However... judging *roughly* as the color on website... I'd say white/blue/metallic black sparkle would look nice on your setup.
lanosguy

Post by lanosguy »

cool, thanks. I meant the bolts that you screw in where the normal bolts go in the wheel...so no-one can take hem off without the proper tool
like the lanos
Wolf-Spirit
Expert

Post by Wolf-Spirit »

i got 16atm 205/45R16 ofset 42
dont hit the frame atm not even when loaded fully.... i drove on rubbers once cuase i loaded so much stuff :/ but they never hit the car

But i did take about half of the mettal off that bends underin the wheelopening otherwhise mine hit the car.

i am going to try my m8's 17inch once my tires are worn he has 205/35R17 wich isnt bigger as mine is i think didnt calculate it yet though but i was hoping to be able to use a 205/40R17
AcingTeam
Expert

Post by AcingTeam »

lanosguy wrote:P.S. Do insurance companies charge extra for alloys with the security bolt things - the bolts that you can't get off without the proper tool. I know they charge for alloys on their own.
They do if you declare them. You'd be paying more, and if they get stolen, the insurance will cover the costs. If you don't tell the insurance company about the wheels (or what not), you would be paying the normal costs for the insurace and if they do get stolen, the insurance company will pay for stock wheels.