Question about rims...

Body Kits, Rims, Suspension, Wings, Lighting etc and exterior detailing.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Bringrice

Question about rims...

Post by Bringrice »

Ok so heres the deal, I want to get some 16 inch Motegis with low profile tires, however...I also want to lower my lanos using Eibach springs (which yields about a 1.2inch change). So what im concerned about is the potential for my wheel to rub against the wheel well...someone give me some insight
When hitting it from behind, I prefer to tap it "Daewoo Style"
tango

Post by tango »

Not sure about your Lanos there 'Rice, but my Cielo rubs (ever so slightly) with 195-50/15s on 15x6.5 Konig Tantrums with 40mm offset. If you get a rim with offset less than 40 you may not have that problem. Bear in mind that my Cielo has wheel wells that are flat at the lip, and not curved (kinda like those on Oldsmobiles) so there's less clearance.
Cogito ergo sum...
SuperDuperDaewoo
Junior

Post by SuperDuperDaewoo »

I have 16"x7" Enkie RS-6 rims on my 2002 Daewoo Lanos HB. The rims are wrapped with Nitto 215/40/16's. I recieve no tire rub at all. I already have possession of my lowering springs, but I am concerned with the life of my tires after lowering the vehicle. After speaking with some shops, all of them said with the springs I have, I should not experience any tire rub at all. Hope this helps brother! Thank you and have a wonderful day!
If you don't have a Woo, You don't have a clue!