headlight disassembly

Body Kits, Rims, Suspension, Wings, Lighting etc and exterior detailing.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

kaylexty

headlight disassembly

Post by kaylexty »

does any one know of an easy way to do this with out breaking my headlights i want to put angel eyes in them any info would be greatly appreciated
BosnianLanos
Expert

Post by BosnianLanos »

You're gonna have to cook 'em. :D What I mean by that is stick them in your oven for a few minutes and let the silicone holding the lens to the housing melt or at least get gooey. You can use a heat gun but I find the oven idea to be better because it heats it all evenly without melting all the plastic. After that you either pry it apart with your finger (impossible) or use a small screwdriver (very risky). Then when you're done, you heat the lens and put it all back together.

I put angel eyes in my fog lights. Don't ask why, too afraid to crack the real headlight lens I guess, and I ended breaking my fog light lens. The whole angel eye thing is more trouble than its worth though. Its designed for projector headlights, not our Daewoo reflector kind (all chrome interior) so if you put the angel eye in the light reflects off all the chrome so it breaks up the outline of the angeleye. Then you risk being a dumba$$ like me and breaking the lens or frying all the electronics when you're heating the silicone....ugh...the thoughts bring me back to a set of gay looking foglights. :x It is possible though so don't let me turn you away.

Bottomline: I don't think there is a foolproof way to open your lights without breaking them. Just the heating way, but I think the high impact lenses can take the opening without breaking :D
mocpac

Post by mocpac »

I was cheking about this with a friend because I will put the instrucction to make the altezas for lanos, the temp is 215 degree fireng high (I think is writteng like this) for 15 min in an aluminium flat plate. Or use and industrial driyer (like a hair blower),

If you are afreid check them in 10 min. :arrow:
ImageImage