SlamWoo!!!

Body Kits, Rims, Suspension, Wings, Lighting etc and exterior detailing.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

DomWoo
Expert

SlamWoo!!!

Post by DomWoo »

OH MAN THIS IS SWEET AS HELL!!!! "runs upstairs with camera" (12am) batery goes dead!!! got a few shots off nothing good though but ill post one that is quiet disturbing

i just caused my self 100 or so dollors in body damage

turns out that daewoo makes POS jacks, i was jacking up my car and taking off a tire and whole car shifted over and the jack sliped up and dented fight bellow the passengers door... (jack got throwed out!!)

was it worth it?? well you tell me, ill get some picks tomorrow for you to look at. as for now you can only guess what im talking about :D
darkspeed415

Post by darkspeed415 »

yeah the same thing happened to me but i got lucky. fortunately my hand was between the tire and fender so it took lost of the impact(sarcasm) but my side skirt has a slight dent in it. i took my grandpas Craftsman jack from now on. it raises the car in like two pumps of the lever. lol awesome.
Wolf-Spirit
Expert

Re: SlamWoo!!!

Post by Wolf-Spirit »

WooHoo wrote:was it worth it?? well you tell me, ill get some picks tomorrow for you to look at. as for now you can only guess what im talking about :D
why do i get the feeling your gonna do same as me when i hit a curve whit my side? :p wich ones ya gonna use ? :roll:
DomWoo
Expert

Post by DomWoo »

heres what i got for now.... dirty car !!!

Look at that SLAMAGE!!

only got the rear done now so ill have more to come for sure
DomWoo
Expert

Post by DomWoo »

lol just discovered i have a $700 can smasher :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

this has to be the sweetest thing i have done to this car so far, even more satisfying that im the first person to do this to a car in this town :twisted: :twisted: all the heads turning like im a magnet :shock: :shock: :roll: hehe :lol:

cant wait to get the front done so i can smash some more cans :!:
SuperDuperDaewoo
Junior

Post by SuperDuperDaewoo »

Did you completely remove your springs?
If you don't have a Woo, You don't have a clue!
daewooluvr
Expert

Post by daewooluvr »

yeah list what components you used?

also approx how much weight are you carrying in your hatch?
2000 Daewoo Lanos HB - Its green

Check me out at http://sdconsulting.weebly.com
DomWoo
Expert

Post by DomWoo »

shit man, i added at least 100lbs easy and the bags can handle 5000lbs weight

as for parts and pieces just for the back:

2 bags
4 electric valves
1 2 gallon tank 6 port
1 110 to 145 psi pressure switch
1 compressor
50 ft of 3/8" hose
2 switches (window switches work)
16 gauge wire
1/8 plastic line
lots of Teflon tape
(Probably more)

(3/8" fittings)

2 T fittings
4 double ended threaded fittings
12 male hose to thread fittings
2 L fittings

1/4" fittings

2 L fittings
2 Plug fittings
2 1/4 thread to 1/8 hose fitting (for tank gauge)

1/8" fittings

1 1/8 to 1/4 thread fitting (female to male)
1 1/8 to 1/4 thread fitting (female to female)

I don?t know if i listed them all because there is tons and there is more to be added for bag gauges and plus the front end

i only have a home depot to shop at for my supplies so i use what i got and im sure there is another way to do this but for now i can only do it like that

as for how i put it on the car, well here it goes

jacked up both sides of car. removed both tires. disconnected shock. let axle hang. pulled spring off both sides and put something under the axle to keep it from hanging to low. pulled out 4 1/2" grinder. grinded off the little bumpy things that held the springs on. (took the most time) drilled 3 holes for bolts made sure they all lined up. drilled on hole for fitting then bored the hell out of it so that the fitting would fit. put the bags on screwed everything down. ran my hoses and turned on the compressor.

then watched my car go up and down.

this was a lot harder then i had first Imagined it to be and i have had 3 years of fabricating and working with metal and it needed lots of special tools. so if you are a beginner to custom fabrications i would not suggest a do it your self job. i might have saved my self alot of money by doing it but it also took 1 day to get everything ready and 13 hours to put them on and weeks to get all my parts

i am going to take it apart and do some more grinding and welding of new brackets so i can drop it down another 3" and not have it raise up so high at pressures above 40psi

also it is hitting on the back of the fender (not doing any damage) and stopping it from going down further so I will be looking for a way to flare my fenders an inch or so
Last edited by DomWoo on Fri May 28, 2004 11:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
DomWoo
Expert

Post by DomWoo »

another note to add,

if you set it up right it has very little to no body roll and rides at whatever firmness and hight you want it to be