Aveo adjustable struts?

Body Kits, Rims, Suspension, Wings, Lighting etc and exterior detailing.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Pete Gossett

Aveo adjustable struts?

Post by Pete Gossett »

I've been looking into buying an Aveo - but only if I can find some aftermarket suspension components that would be good enough for autocross competiton.

I've searched & read thru many threads on here about the similarities/differences between the many GM-family models. But does anyone offer a Koni, Bilstien or comparable adjustable shock/strut that will work on the Aveo?

I've crawled underneath an Aveo, and they look *very* similar to A2-chassis VW's. In fact, I would like to take some measurments for comparison.

Thanks!
W. Pete Gossett
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

I don't know of anyone who has a setup for the Aveo yet but I'm sure they aren't too far off.

While searching look into the European Vauxhall,Opel cars since the Aveo (better known as a Daewoo Kalos) may share components with other GM vehicles.
Pete Gossett

Post by Pete Gossett »

Thanks. :)

I tried searching for the Kalos, too. But didn't find anything. I guess I'll just wait & see.
W. Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett

Post by Pete Gossett »

Well, I think I'm going to look into converting shocks/struts from other cars for use on the Kalos/Aveo - but I don't have one yet.

Would anyone be willing to take some measurements of their Kalos/Aveo suspension for me?
W. Pete Gossett
Tim04
Super

Post by Tim04 »

I think you night want to just give it some time. The aftermarket will be producing parts for the Aveo soon. I would wait before fabricating my own. Just my opinion. :)