steering rattle

Body Kits, Rims, Suspension, Wings, Lighting etc and exterior detailing.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

jez

steering rattle

Post by jez »

OK, this probs isn't the right forum.. but i wasn't sure so umm, move it if you have a problem :)

On skittish roads my car rattles from what seems to be behind the steering wheel when you corner hard/ish. You can vaguely feel it too. It's not very confidence-inspiring, but I just haven't gotten around to doing anything about it and it's been like that for a while.. so umm, just wondering if anyone else has experienced this ? and maybe even knows how to fix it ? If nothing I guess i'll just have to take the plastic bits off and inspect myself..
'98 Lanos SE
tango

Post by tango »

Soundsa like the steering column-bushing, worn out. It's a really sloppy-looking plastic ring that fits aroud the steering column, close to the pedals. Mine has gone south for a while now...can't seem to get a replacement, and really haven't been trying too hard. The noise it makes is irritating to say the least. I was planning on sitting down and figuring out a way to solve it...but I lost interest...
Cogito ergo sum...
l_BlakBear_l

everything

Post by l_BlakBear_l »

when im driving my woo like over 65 on the free way..it seems like everything is rattling..the dash..door panels...driving me nuts...anyone else having this problem?
Mfree

Post by Mfree »

No, actually, I've got very few problems with rattling... only every once in a while, but then, any time there's even the tiniest squeak I go on a witchhunt, poking, prodding, shoving panels back into their mounts....

14 months, 44,000 miles, and 99.95% of the time my car's silent as a mouse, even on rough roads.

I have, however, gone through a set and a half of those nasty-arse Hankook H406 tires, but that's a rant for another day :) 340 treadwear my left cheek....
ETR-SCCA 42HS Daewoo Leganza SE
tango

Post by tango »

My Cielo rattles like it's getting points for it! Most of it comes from the dashboard area (as well as the steering column bushing) but I've grown to live with it. Love my car...bells and whistles (or is it pans and chains, I forget! :lol:
Cogito ergo sum...
EurotrashCC

Post by EurotrashCC »

RE-listen to your car. If it sounds like it is underneath the car. It may be a left or right front stabilizer link. Anyone who does front end alignments can tell you if this is it. I hope this helps.
daewoodiva

Post by daewoodiva »

Never heard of that kind of problem...mine just had sqeaking brakes...i changed em but in really hot or cold temperatures they still squeak...I guess daewoo's enjoy talking... :?