rims?

Body Kits, Rims, Suspension, Wings, Lighting etc and exterior detailing.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

jackson

rims?

Post by jackson »

i have a 98 lanos i want to put new wheels on it but don't have the cash right now, i have one bent rim and i need a new one but am having trouble finding were i can buy one, anyidea? where is a good place to find parts?
nderryking

Junk Yard

Post by nderryking »

You want a stock rim off a Lanos? I say go to a junk yard.

Call your nearest junkyard / wrecking yard that has a decent inventory of recent year cars. You should be able to find a wrecked Lanos by simply calling around and asking if they have any.

My best advise is just call and be polite and ask about their policies. Some junk yards allow people to pull stuff off the cars themselves. Others send someone out to the cars with you to pull the parts. Some yards pull the parts you request and you don't go into the yard at all. Know what to expect (and prices!!!) before you go out there.

You can generally get stock rims at a junk yard /wrecking yard for $20 or less (I've gotten them for $5 before.) Some yards might charge a lot more but it will still be less money than buying new or buying aftermarket.
jackson

Post by jackson »

i have been trying that but there is only 3 or 4 laonses in my area and no junk yards have any yet, plus i have a 98 and i have never seen anything less then a 99 which uses larger rims and i was hoping not to have to buy four rims and tires. but thanks for the help i will keep looking.

thanks,
john
Goldenboy
Super

Post by Goldenboy »

I used stock mazda precidia 94 rims on my 2001 lanos hb. Look for those if you don't find lanos one.

Mat 8)
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

Post by TheGreatAndPowerfulOz »

jackson wrote:i have been trying that but there is only 3 or 4 laonses in my area and no junk yards have any yet, plus i have a 98 and i have never seen anything less then a 99 which uses larger rims and i was hoping not to have to buy four rims and tires. but thanks for the help i will keep looking.

thanks,
john
The 98 has different size wheels? I didn't know that!
What size tires are on it? My '02 Lanos has a stock tire size of 185/60/14.
I went to www.tirerack.com and they earliest Daewoo they have available on their list is a '99.
daewooluvr
Expert

Post by daewooluvr »

2000 Daewoo Lanos HB - Its green

Check me out at http://sdconsulting.weebly.com
Goldenboy
Super

Post by Goldenboy »

Cliff the size is supose to be the same between 98 to 2002.

Mat 8)
jackson

Post by jackson »

well my 98 has stock 13's. Is the bolt partern the same if i have to get larger wheels i could just find ones from a newer year. thanks for the help every one. i an having a hell of a time finding parts no one has a list of the parts for a 98 not even the daewoo deal that was in the area.
bestlanosinmaine

Post by bestlanosinmaine »

go aftermarket man...you can get sum fairly nice ones for not to much money...plus they look a lot better 8)
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

Post by TheGreatAndPowerfulOz »

If you want inexpensive aftermarket wheels, you can get 13", 14", 15" and 16" wheels that don't look bad for $49, $59, $69 and $79 each at Pep Boys, all with the correct 4 bolt pattern to fit the Lanos.

I am going to go from the stock 14" to 15" wheels on my Lanos. I do not want to go larger than 15" because the price of tires starts to get more expensive, and I'm a cheap S.O.B.!

Cliff
bestlanosinmaine

Post by bestlanosinmaine »

i got 16'' konig passports with low prowfile nittos i got from discounttires.com for 1000 bucks and i love them...they were worth every penny
E'ville Woo

Post by E'ville Woo »

TheGreatAndPowerfulOz wrote:If you want inexpensive aftermarket wheels, you can get 13", 14", 15" and 16" wheels that don't look bad for $49, $59, $69 and $79 each at Pep Boys, all with the correct 4 bolt pattern to fit the Lanos.

I am going to go from the stock 14" to 15" wheels on my Lanos. I do not want to go larger than 15" because the price of tires starts to get more expensive, and I'm a cheap S.O.B.!

Cliff
I got mine at Pep Boys. They cost me 70 or 80 and they are well worth it . The stock wheels are junk I had 2 of them get bent. Go with aftermarket as soon as you can; it is well worth it.
Goldenboy
Super

Post by Goldenboy »

I was thinking this tread was about stock black rims..... :?:

Mat 8)
WOO247

Post by WOO247 »

If that fails ...

Iv even put Ford lazer LYNX stocko wheels on my woo @ one stage.