What are the brightest headlights for Nubira?

Body Kits, Rims, Suspension, Wings, Lighting etc and exterior detailing.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Comrade

What are the brightest headlights for Nubira?

Post by Comrade »

Mine are just regular factory lights and I drive at night alot. Would like to get something brighter. So many choices on the market. Just confused.

It's 98 Nubira.
Dmitri
BosnianLanos
Expert

Post by BosnianLanos »

By far the simplest upgrade will be to go with the Sylvania Silverstars. They are the brightest legal halogen headlights on the market. They really light up the road well, and @ $35.00 for a set, they are the cheapest option.

A little more complicated and a lot more expensive would be an HID upgrade. You can either get a good kit for something like $300-$500, or you can go to a junkyard and scavenge an HID kit from a wrecked Mercedes, Acura, Lexus, or BMW. The light output will put you at the limits of daylight.

Another option would be to get the OEM projector-style headlights from 360Dynamics. The feedback is that they have better light output than the regular OEM lights.

Also, I don't know how the '98 Nubira lights are with oxidation, but most Daewoo lights get pretty bad. If your lights are oxidized, simply get some Polishing Paste and buff out the oxidation. This will increase light output many times over.
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

BosnianLanos wrote:By far the simplest upgrade will be to go with the Sylvania Silverstars. They are the brightest legal halogen headlights on the market. They really light up the road well, and @ $35.00 for a set, they are the cheapest option.
A couple weeks ago i would have to agree with you. I had the Sylvania Silverstars for about a year before they went out for a 2nd time.. i replaced them with a 5000k bulb off ebay for $10 bux shipped. They are about 3 times brighter and 10 times better looking then the silverstars and like 10x brighter than stock. I was told that i need to upgrade the wires though so the stock ones dont melt.. havnt done that yet since its winter but ive had my headlights on for 4 hours straight and they havnt melted yet! Now on a side note.. i was so happy w/ these i bought some for my highs.. 5000k bulb also.. it seamed to be the exact bulb besides it was H1 instead of H7... well they ended up lighting the road worst than stock... but they look more white when you look towards the car.
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Coil-overs, sway bars, 13" brakes, LSD, 235mm tires, the works
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
-Undergoing 2.0 swap w/ lots of performance bits
http://www.cardomain.com/id/kinkyllama
Comrade

Post by Comrade »

Yeah my right one is a little oxidised from the top. I will try the paste see what happens. Left one is only 2 years old so its still clear.

Probably will try Silverstars then. I've heard they do burn out about once a year on a friends SAAB. So it's normal thing probably. :wink:
Dmitri
Fishbone

Post by Fishbone »

I've put in a set of Silverstars and found them to be a decent improvement over stock. Replaced the fogs too, but those bulbs are a ROYAL PITA to change! :shock:
2000 Nubira SX
2005 Mitsu Ralli//art
Comrade

Post by Comrade »

Heh, I did the fogs once.
To find out that the relay was bad.
On top of that Dealer told me that I can't change the fog bulbs. That I had to get new lights. :roll:
Dmitri
DaewoLeganza
banned

Post by DaewoLeganza »

my headlights r low beam 5800k XD5s 9006
my foglights r 8000k Texon Blue White
chronoti
Junior

Post by chronoti »

hir is a god send

these 2 links will give you everything you need.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TOSHIBA- ... enameZWDVW

http://toyotanation.com/forum/t6831.html (scroll down to where it says more light)

also a good thing to do at this point would be upgrade the harnest and relays.
http://hidplanet.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2080
-all you ever need to know about lighting