putting mid rear spoiler lanos

Body Kits, Rims, Suspension, Wings, Lighting etc and exterior detailing.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

fernand187pr

putting mid rear spoiler lanos

Post by fernand187pr »

ok im next to buy a the rearmid spoiler, is from a civic and they are selling my at $70 and is already black like my car... ok
is easy to put it on the car or i better look for professionals?
ok the real question is that can i save some bucks and put it by myselF?
if the answer is yes...
how?
sorry i have a lanos 99 sx
Maximus
Expert

Post by Maximus »

Have any photos of that spoiler :?:
Image Image
fernand187pr

Post by fernand187pr »

ok can somebody plz told me wich type of screws should i use to mount my spoiler? and how many screws y each side should i use?
i see that i have to get of the rear wiper because if i dont the spoiler will be too low and on the lights!
help plz
anesTHEtic34

Post by anesTHEtic34 »

do the corner pieces fit? i thought the civic was a little more square than the lanos.

to answer your question, so long as the screws fit and you primer or seal (a bead of silicone will work fine) any bare metal you should rust-free. as far as how many, most spoilers have set places where the bolts go. if it's a 3-piece civic mid-wing like i'm thinking of, you'll have 5 bolts for the center piece (2 on each side and one in the middle) and 2 for each of the side pieces.

i'd check and make sure this thing fits before you buy it though.
blinkme323

Post by blinkme323 »

There's not really any spots where you can mount the spoiler to an existing location so you may have to drill. Just make sure you mark off the spots carefully and finish it off with some silicone molding. Depending on the spoiler 3-4 screws should do the job.