Just bought a Lanos in Australia

Body Kits, Rims, Suspension, Wings, Lighting etc and exterior detailing.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

LanosAus

Just bought a Lanos in Australia

Post by LanosAus »

Hi Guys,

Excellent Forum, I have just been reading all the questions and answers and have already learnt heaps.

I live in Australia and have just bought a 2002 Lanos Sports (1.6L), and of course hardly anyone in Australia are interested in doing up a Lanos, I don't know why, they are great.

I am looking forward to getting an exhaust system, bodykit, cold air intake and lowered suspension (Have anyone used those spring clamps you can get). I would be very interested if anyone knows if you can get clear taillights for the Lanos.

Any suggests would be great, i dont find paying for international freight.

Cheers! And I look forward to hearing from you.

Evan
Cheers! Evan
Buy a Lanos, you'll love it
mocpac

Post by mocpac »

Hi, LanosAus , welcome to the forum. Well, I belive in AU you can get more parts, but by what you said now I know is not like that. So let help you here.

Here in Puerto Rico I can get the lowering springand body kit or any other part. In australia you can get the body kit for your lanos(Chk my web is in spanish if you dont understan I can help). Also can buy the cai on ebay for $70.00 or got to any performance store and buy one who fits your lanos. Or use some PBC tubes and make yours. Ask frank PR Daewoo #1 about or I can send you pics. Buy some grill and customise yours. No put wheels biguer than 15" in your lanos. And get as RICE as you can :twisted: ... Post pic of of your progress.

And congratulations for you new WOO!!! :P
ImageImage
LanosAus

Thanks

Post by LanosAus »

Hi, mocpac_ser Thanks for your help. As soon as i have some pictures i will make sure i ask you how to attach them to the forum.

Quick question. What does a cai do ??? Sorry i have never heard of these. If you could email me the pictures that would be perfect. evan.thomas@ipaustralia.gov.au
Cheers! Evan
mocpac

Post by mocpac »

Ok, a CAI, is a Cold Air Intake. that give more cold air to your engine, so yo guet more conbustion and more speed, increasing the HP.
Is compose of a K&N filter and a peace of aluminium tube.
http://ebay0.ipixmedia.com/abc/M28/_EBA ... f4/i-1.JPG

Click the link to chk the CAI

Also
ImageImage
LanosAus

Post by LanosAus »

Thanks for that. I know what Cold Air Intake is, i just had never see it written like CAI before.

Do you have one made for a Lanos or did you just buy it off the shelf.

With the link to ebay, are you selling one ????
Cheers! Evan
mocpac

Post by mocpac »

No man, I just buy it, the same. Also can buy more expensives but I just can recomend that one. Fit exactly no need to move cut or nothing.
ImageImage
LanosAus

Post by LanosAus »

What brand is it ????

Do you think i can get one in Australia ??
Cheers! Evan
mocpac

Post by mocpac »

This one is A3 racing.

Sure, yo can find one like that one or another, just go to any performance store and check. Be sure to put back the air sensor, of if you use this one, you will not have to remove ir. But if buy another and no have wjere to put it, make a small hole and put it in back.
ImageImage
john_trickle
Expert

daewoo lanos

Post by john_trickle »

ive also just bought a daewoo lanos 98 model and doing it up slowly i have some web address that will be useful to you keep me posted on your progress
http://www.ssv.com.au/cache/header-273p ... l?cache=no
[/url][/code]
Alpine

Re: Just bought a Lanos in Australia

Post by Alpine »

LanosAus wrote:I live in Australia and have just bought a 2002 Lanos Sports (1.6L), and of course hardly anyone in Australia are interested in doing up a Lanos, I don't know why, they are great.
I think in Australia there is very little interest in Daewoo in general because they pulled out a couple of years ago and are no longer sold here. You see plenty of them in used car dealerships though, and that's the only place you can get a Lanos, or any other Daewoo for that matter. The risk of this is the servicing and supply of spare parts for a brand that is no longer sold in this country. Holden has offered to take over the servicing needs of all Daewoo owners, however I have heard of many Holden dealerships not being able to deliver on this offer.
blackielaw
Junior

Post by blackielaw »

mocpac_ser wrote:Ok, a CAI, is a Cold Air Intake. that give more cold air to your engine, so yo guet more conbustion and more speed, increasing the HP.
Is compose of a K&N filter and a peace of aluminium tube.
http://ebay0.ipixmedia.com/abc/M28/_EBA ... f4/i-1.JPG

Click the link to chk the CAI

Also
Is the link still available pls? am interested in the CAI too
"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid."

1999 Lanos
(The only modified Lanos in Malta)
woo
Expert

Re: daewoo lanos

Post by woo »

be careful dealing with SSV