wheels paint job

Body Kits, Rims, Suspension, Wings, Lighting etc and exterior detailing.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

fernand187pr

wheels paint job

Post by fernand187pr »

somebody here already do a paint job on his wheels? i'm thinking on a paint job, i have the sport wheels for lanos 99 and have a lot of scratches and i dont like it... im thinking on paint the wheels but i like charchoal gray most than the original gray... somebody knows the materials for this job and the steps i have to do for a great job? :?:
anesTHEtic34

Post by anesTHEtic34 »

powder coating is the way to go. you could also use hi-temp engine enamel.
daewooluvr
Expert

Post by daewooluvr »

anesTHEtic34 wrote:powder coating is the way to go. you could also use hi-temp engine enamel.
I used auto body paint on my stock set of rims and they were ok for a while. I don't think it held up to crips and stuff as well as powdercoat would. However for the price of getting them powder coated you can get a good set of rims.
2000 Daewoo Lanos HB - Its green

Check me out at http://sdconsulting.weebly.com
anesTHEtic34

Post by anesTHEtic34 »

go to car club meets. there is ALWAYS somebody there who knows how to powdercoat that will do it for next to nothing if not nothing at all. i've met 3 guys at honda meets in Melbourne and Orlando that will do it for the cost of powder just because they get bored and like doing it. just make sure you do something in return and don't take people's generosity for granted.
fernand187pr

Post by fernand187pr »

so nobody knows the steps to paint?
1.sand paper
2.primer
3.some coats of paint
4.clear
???