fog lamps

Body Kits, Rims, Suspension, Wings, Lighting etc and exterior detailing.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

anb5703

fog lamps

Post by anb5703 »

where and what would be the best fog lights for my lanos? when it was purchased it came w/o so i took the covers off and would like to put some in.
thanx 4 ur help :lol:
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

Post by TheGreatAndPowerfulOz »

Call the parts desk @ your local Daewoo service center.
The stock fog lights are $45 each side, and $12.95 for the stock dash switch that fits on the left side of your clock in the round blank off plate.

Unless your car has the wiring harness in place, you will have to run your own wiring.

The fun part is taking your guage cluster out so you can make the light on the dash come on when you turn on the fog lights.

I'm going to add factory fog lights to my car next year, and when I set up the wiring, I'll make it so I can have the fog lights work when the headlights are off.

That way, the fog lights will work if all the lights are off, the marker lights are on or both the marker and headlights are on.

I need to rewire my hearlight relay so the lights turn off when the car is turned off. That way I can't leave the lights on & run the battery down.
Last edited by TheGreatAndPowerfulOz on Thu Oct 16, 2003 4:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
anb5703

Post by anb5703 »

Couldnt you just get that particular dealer to install them and wire it for you?
to make things easieer..even though it would cost a few bills.
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

Sure you could.

The dealer won't say no to making some extra money with parts they have in stock.

I thought you wanted to install the fog lights yourself and save some money.
anb5703

Post by anb5703 »

the way im going ill have to do it myself lol..i spend more n more everyday :lol:
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

When I install mine, I will take step-by-step photos for a full "How To" tutorial.

I will list all parts and their part numbers, with photos of each item needed.
mocpac

Post by mocpac »

WooMTX came yesterday to the club w\ some oem after market fog lights. I thing he buy the in pepboys they fot perfect. Yo can tell there are not for lanos. And they look diferent that the stock fog lights. :!:
ImageImage
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

That sounds great!

Is this for the Lanos or the Lanos Sport?
Please get the part or model number so I can go to my local Pep Boys and see if they have or can get the part.
mocpac

Post by mocpac »

OK, I will ask him in the spanish section. He have a lanos sedan 4drs. I think is like the non sport h/b.
ImageImage
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

mocpac_ser wrote:OK, I will ask him in the spanish section. He have a lanos sedan 4drs. I think is like the non sport h/b.
That is great because I have the non sport hatchback, too, so those lights are just what I am looking for.

:D