info on suspension

Body Kits, Rims, Suspension, Wings, Lighting etc and exterior detailing.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

angel

info on suspension

Post by angel »

im looking for some springs and some shocks does anyone know if koni makes adjusatbles for our cars i have a 4dr lanos and i want to drop and stiffen the ride more
daewooluvr
Expert

Post by daewooluvr »

Yes Koni makes the adjustable Yellow Shocks and Struts.

Koni Yellow's on Tirerack.com
2000 Daewoo Lanos HB - Its green

Check me out at http://sdconsulting.weebly.com
damian007vk
Super

Post by damian007vk »

they suck ass....well not entirely..lol, I have them installed on my woo....very very harsh ride even on softest setting....and cant adjust with knob as shown in pic...shock needs to be taken out the car in order to adjust as it needs to be fully compressed then turned by clicks....not worth the money....if I would have known i would have stayed with my kybs, or maybe gotten the bilstein ones instead
daewooluvr
Expert

Post by daewooluvr »

Note to Self: Don't buy Koni's!

angel

ok

Post by angel »

thanks for the info i was aking cause in my 03 tib i have koni adjusts and i dont have a problem with the knobs for stiffeness i just open hood and back and turn and viola thats why i like them and as for the spring i did find some online one had a 1.2 drop all way round and the other had a 1.3 front and 1.4 rear drop or was it the other way around have to check again prices were the same maybe a couple of bucks different not much but which should i get i have some 15s with some 205/50/15 tires on my car now and am looking to go one bigger not sure though
daewooluvr
Expert

Re: ok

Post by daewooluvr »

angel wrote:thanks for the info i was aking cause in my 03 tib i have koni adjusts and i dont have a problem with the knobs for stiffeness i just open hood and back and turn and viola thats why i like them and as for the spring i did find some online one had a 1.2 drop all way round and the other had a 1.3 front and 1.4 rear drop or was it the other way around have to check again prices were the same maybe a couple of bucks different not much but which should i get i have some 15s with some 205/50/15 tires on my car now and am looking to go one bigger not sure though
I bought the Eibach springs with the 1.2" drop.
It's a very nice sized drop because it's not enough to screw up the camber yet it lowers it to a nice mean lookin stance.
I'm able to fit my 205/40/17s under without any scrapping yet, however I don't have my system installed yet.
I am using KYBs and they are pretty good. Well worth the money and only half the price of the Koni's. The Koni's are self-adjusting. There is no knob on the ones they made for the Lanos. Hope this helps.

damian007vk
Super

Post by damian007vk »

90 percent of koni adjustable yellows out there adjust with the knob...we fall in 10 percent category,,,whats new