R34 style body kit for Lanos - can be reproduced

Body Kits, Rims, Suspension, Wings, Lighting etc and exterior detailing.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

phatslaya

Post by phatslaya »

so...how much is this bodykit going to cost?? and this bodykit does fit the canadian Chevrolet optra 5 h/b right ? The last thing I wanna do is go ahead and purchase it, and it dont fit, wouldnt be cool. Thanks for the info in the last post, Much appreciated :)
AcingTeam
Expert

Post by AcingTeam »

phatslaya wrote:so...how much is this bodykit going to cost?? and this bodykit does fit the canadian Chevrolet optra 5 h/b right ? The last thing I wanna do is go ahead and purchase it, and it dont fit, wouldnt be cool. Thanks for the info in the last post, Much appreciated :)
It fits with quite some work involved. Not just sanding, but adjusting the body kit to fit.
phatslaya

Post by phatslaya »

so back to the beginning:P how much will this kit cost ?
DavesDaewoo
Super

Post by DavesDaewoo »

unsure yet on reproduction costs, i know my kit is costing me 1500.00 canadian, but that includes having to fit the neon kit to a daewoo, when mine is complete i will post pics and ask him how much to reproduce the kits

see my new topic post for information on the geforcecustoms kit, i found a supplier of it cheap in canada
DavesDaewoo
Super

Post by DavesDaewoo »

well everyone, good news I went today aqnd got a picture of it,

but bad news aswell, Keeping costs down and making the bumper even stronger hes decided rather then making a full mold to actually make a partial mold of my stock bumper and add it to the top of this one allowing it to bolt into stock holes etc and be strong, only disadvantage is that i wont be able to reproduce it, therefor being one of a kind, sorry everyone got your hopes up a bit, decent news in the other topic about geforcekits cheap if your interested in them,

O and one last thing, ive decided to sell my r34 rear for the 2nd gen neon, im going custom one of a kid rear using an oldmobile alero front bumper, ( the bottom portion) adding it to the mold of my rear and voila :D thatll be a bit longer tho,. heres a pic of the front in progress

so far the mold of my stock bumper(blue) has been fiberglassed to the old kit, after cutting a bit here and there, and is ready to start filling in the wholes and sanding before primer paint etc,

( give me a day or so the cellphone hasnt quite sent it to the email so ill have it posted ASAP)[/img]
daewooluvr
Expert

Post by daewooluvr »

I see no picture
2000 Daewoo Lanos HB - Its green

Check me out at http://sdconsulting.weebly.com
DomWoo
Expert

Post by DomWoo »

hehe :twisted: too bad you couldnt take pictures of him working on it all the time.. i would love to see it stage by stage
DavesDaewoo
Super

Post by DavesDaewoo »

Okie i dont know why it hasnt sent from my phone to my email, it said both times i tried that it was successfull so ill see what i can do asap,

sorry lol
milosh
Junior

Post by milosh »

Looks good, but i have a nexia (cielo) :cry:
GhettoCustoms

Post by GhettoCustoms »

Hi, my name's JonnyReb from Ghetto Customs.
I am the one building the kit.
Ready for a little putty, final sanding and paint.

WooHoo - I just happen to have an EVO3 front from a Neon sitting here.
Can be fit to a Lanos - no problem.

If there is enough interest - when Dave gets his kit on, maybe I could borrow his stock bumpers to make molds to create custom fronts for the Woos of the world.
DavesDaewoo
Super

Post by DavesDaewoo »

Jonny good to see you on the boards :D so there it is, if there is enough interest he can produce something.. ( not r3 tho right john lol or my custom back lol) maybe evo or something, shout out your ideas he can do anything lol
DomWoo
Expert

Post by DomWoo »

that looks sweet... i would like to see how he made the mounts and all the extra work he had to do to make it fit if possible

thanks
DavesDaewoo
Super

Post by DavesDaewoo »

I could tell ya but then id have to kill ya LOL, jk, ill let him explain it, but bascally he made a mold of the upper part of my stock bumper, to line up in the original holes etc, then fiberglassed it to the adapted portion of the R34 kit, in this case the width of the neon and Woo happen to be almost perfect so he didnt have to trim down the middle of the 0bumper at all , then he attached the mold of the top portion of mine to the bottom of the R34 kit fiberglass, resin etc, then attached it etc etc,

am i close john? lol i think im close
GhettoCustoms

Post by GhettoCustoms »

I will try to post pics with explanations as I go along for the rear
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Where in Canada are you located????