R34 style body kit for Lanos - can be reproduced

Body Kits, Rims, Suspension, Wings, Lighting etc and exterior detailing.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

DavesDaewoo
Super

R34 style body kit for Lanos - can be reproduced

Post by DavesDaewoo »

Heres my body kit that Will be adapted to fit my Woo in the next coming months, As seen it is from a 2nd generation neon, and will eventually bolt directly onto my woo in factory holes, It will take a few months to make molds and cut and refibreglass the kit, but it will look good when its done, Ive seen his work, hes a great body guy, with great pricing,

Anyway, heres the pics as it sits now, and if your interested I can ask if he will make more, He will already have the molds so this may be a more cost effective way then jetspeed/GTR and actually have the quality we seek in a body kit

lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

looks good man. just with the back bumper he'll have to relocate the exaust on the other side of course. all in all i hope it works out.

nick

save a tree, eat a beaver.
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

Post by TheGreatAndPowerfulOz »

Well made, high quality AND blot in to the factory Lanos holes?
That sounds almost too good to be true when it comes to a Lanos kit! LOL

The front bumper will of course compensate for the Lanos' hood with the built in grille, so that part sticking up will have to go; although I'm sure you allready know that. :)

If they are not too expensive, and the parts fit well, I may have to get them.

Cliff
daewooluvr
Expert

Post by daewooluvr »

it's about time someone took my advice.
are you making the rear bumper for the HB or sedan?
2000 Daewoo Lanos HB - Its green

Check me out at http://sdconsulting.weebly.com
bluesheepbrian
Expert

Post by bluesheepbrian »

Please keep us posted :P I will be very intersted in it if the product and price is good.

Give us product development pics, to see how the product is evolving.
2002 Daewoo Lanos HB
www.evo-imports.com
www.myspace.com/bluesheepbrian
"Beating a Honda is like banging a fat chick. Everyone can do it but who wants to brag about it?"
DavesDaewoo
Super

Post by DavesDaewoo »

Yea thanks for the tips , sucks that the exhaust is on the other side, but hell work that out, ive seen his work its great :D i wont have access to pics really until the front is done hopefully by the 1st of march, so ill post pics of that when its done, and then hell start on the sides and back, ( by the way the rear will be for Hatchback), when its complete and on my car i will send pics also, itll be a few months but when its done Im sure it will look great, if not, ahwell lol,

Ill keep everyone posted, also about pricing, of course mine is the most being the first lol, but once the mold is made im sure he can reproduce them at a fair price, hes doin my complete kit for 1500.00 canadian, that include the neon kit, the adapting to fit the woo ( which is alot of work, molds etc) and hes going to paint and mount the kit for me all inclusive, considering what ive seen paid for gtr kits etc, are upwards to 1500 US not painted and still need work done to them so i think im getting a good deal do you ?

Dave
DomWoo
Expert

Post by DomWoo »

question... why did you go with a gen 2 neon, did you measure and find that it is a close fit or did you just like how it looked and decided to go with it??

i like it i think it will look good on the woo
DavesDaewoo
Super

Post by DavesDaewoo »

Yea, i bought the 2nd gen kit, because it has some similar characteristics, like the front bumper to wheel well is about the same , and the other sizes are sortof close, #1 reason why i bought this kit, is because a friend bought it before totalling his neon, so it allowed me to get the 1200.00 kit for 600.00 it works out well all around

WooHoo wrote:question... why did you go with a gen 2 neon, did you measure and find that it is a close fit or did you just like how it looked and decided to go with it??

i like it i think it will look good on the woo
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

:shock: .... talk about coincidence.... I was looking at modifying an R34 kit for my Optra!!!!

Sense motorsports out in California has some smoking hot deals on fibreglass body kits ( The whole kit is only $349 )

I was going to get the one for the Accord.....since it's larger than the Optra and it is easier to remove material than add....plus I was planning to make my Optra a "widebody" with wheel arch kits from an Astra.

http://www.sensemotorsport.com/index.ph ... oor&y=1998

Sounds like your guy is giving you a hell of a deal... hope it works out.

I just noticed a post by 360Dynamics.... it's similar to what I want to do...
DomWoo
Expert

Post by DomWoo »

i really like this front bumper

i think it would kick ass on a lanos hatch...

So im coming to visit you this summer ok Chris :twisted: with body kit in hand!!!! j/k

thats nice, is that in france?
AcingTeam
Expert

Post by AcingTeam »

just a quick photoshop of R34 Neon front bumper on a Lanos... just to give you some idea ;)

DavesDaewoo
Super

Post by DavesDaewoo »

thats the one, howd you know mine was silver lol, but i got rims that should take out that awkwardness lol, looks good thanks for the visual
AcingTeam
Expert

Post by AcingTeam »

DavesDaewoo wrote:thats the one, howd you know mine was silver lol, but i got rims that should take out that awkwardness lol, looks good thanks for the visual
lol no problem....

I didn't know it was silver.... I just guessed.
phatslaya

Post by phatslaya »

I was wonderin if you could possibly get that done for the Chevy optra 5 hatchback. I've been spendin so long trying to find a dam kit for it but found nothin. If you could possibly see if you can get all the mounts with the full body kit, i'd b glad to buy it :D
DavesDaewoo
Super

Post by DavesDaewoo »

Its possible, but it would be cheaper to bring it to someone local, reason being, youd need to ship me your stock bumpers so he can make molds of them then ship them back to you and ship the kit back, you can only imagine the extra time that would be wasted as well as shipping fees would be outrageous to ship 3 sets of bumpers, thers many fiberglass people around you just gotta find them, try talking in local car club forums and theyll all help you out

Dave