Mesh Grill

Body Kits, Rims, Suspension, Wings, Lighting etc and exterior detailing.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Frankiewoo

Mesh Grill

Post by Frankiewoo »

Ok i'm gonna take the stock grill off my woo leganza and relace it with mesh my question is should i just buy mesh off ebay or go to some auto shop and drop $40 on a piece of mesh, I'm going to us the mounting for the O.g. grill to hold it up what do u guys think :D
daewooluvr
Expert

Post by daewooluvr »

Go to any home improvements store and buy "gutter gaurd", typically you get 5 sheets for $5. It's the same thing. Then just paint to any color you want. Hope this helps.
2000 Daewoo Lanos HB - Its green

Check me out at http://sdconsulting.weebly.com
mocpac

Post by mocpac »

OK, I making my mesh grill today (if I can remove 2 rusty screw). I buy the mesh on ebay for 4 bucks. And here in Puerto Rico I can buy a full front bomper grill already made for 19.99. So don't spend 40.00 bucks in that mesh grill. Or as daewooluvr said, just buy it in a home inprovement store and modify it.
Image :twisted:

I have that one but I paint it black gloss. And I will put the daewoo logo on the grill not overthe hod.
ImageImage
Frankiewoo

Post by Frankiewoo »

So u guys think i should just use the o.g mounting from the stock grill to keep it up right, so what should i buy e-bay mesh or home depot mesh which one do u think will give me better quality??? Moc pac I want pics as soon as ur done i had the same idea with the daewoo symbol. :D :twisted:
mocpac

Post by mocpac »

This is not my Nubira I (ehhhhhh :roll: ), this is Orlando, Lanos. Now have the decals in Blue, but that is another theme. Ok here is a view of the project done. If you buy the grill in homedepot you have to make it look like a racing mesh grill. The one on ebay came w\ that mod already.
About the logo in front, today in the club one of the members told me about the logo. The logo have two, like screws who keep it in the hod, so if you take it out you will have two litter holes over the hood. I have another idea. Here in PR, is a store who sale a special daewoo logo (in silicone I belive) so let me check if I use that one and the I will post a Pic.
ImageImage
LanosAus

Post by LanosAus »

So are you saying that you can buy the whole mesh kit straight from ebay including the mesh itself.

I am thinking of doing the same mod to my front grill.
Cheers! Evan
Buy a Lanos, you'll love it
mocpac

Post by mocpac »

No I'm not saying that. If you buy the mesh grill in homedepot, the mesh will be flat. And you will have to modify the grill to look like this
Can you see the spaces, they have a curve to the front (the mesh is not flat), chk the close up.
ImageImage
mocpac

Post by mocpac »

Here is the full process.
http://www.daewoo.streetracing.org/GrillWork.htm :twisted:
ImageImage
Frankiewoo

Post by Frankiewoo »

thanks moc pac awesome website do u know the item # of the mesh u bought on ebay? And let me know about that emblem b/c i'll order one to, also do you know where they got those headlight masks???? Or were they made??? Thanks Bro 8)

GO WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :twisted:
mocpac

Post by mocpac »

Frankiewoo wrote:thanks moc pac awesome website do u know the item # of the mesh u bought on ebay? And let me know about that emblem b/c i'll order one to, also do you know where they got those headlight masks???? Or were they made??? Thanks Bro 8)

GO WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :twisted:
Ok let me get the next payment chk and I will chk the emblem. Let me know what color do you want? (2 colors, not shure but one I think is clear so it will look like the car). And what mask head lights are you talking about? The mask in the pictor below?
ImageImage
Frankiewoo

Post by Frankiewoo »

clear would be fine, the masks in the link you posted when they show the finished product.
mocpac

Post by mocpac »

that is a decal or a vinil paper. Chk any car desing store for it.
ImageImage
milosh
Junior

grill

Post by milosh »

on our web in HOW TO MAKE is all abour sport-grill :wink: