Ultra Racing Install

Body Kits, Rims, Suspension, Wings, Lighting etc and exterior detailing.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

larsbud

Ultra Racing Install

Post by larsbud »

Well it’s done, my Ultra Racing front strut bar and the rear anti-role bar are in.
I have put this step-by-step install together so you can see you can do it at home.
ImageImage

Starting of with the Strut bar install.
1. Take your time and don’t rush, lie out your parts and plan to take one to two hours. There will be times where a second set of hands will come in very handy, so plan.
2. Place the strut bar over the locating holes that are already in your strut housing. You will see that they mate up nicely.
3. On the driver side you will see that a plastic bracket is not letting the strut bar seat flush with the housing. You will need to make the bracket, I used a grease pencil where I needed to grind away.
4. Unbolt the bracket and carefully grind away the area you marked. Place the bracket back in place, but do not tighten down. Test fit the strut bar to see if it seats flush. If everything fits then bolt the bracket down tightly.
5. Ok this is where you are going to need a second set of hands and it helps if they’re small.
6. Take a supplied bolt and washer and reach up your wheel-well. By just using feel slide the bolt through the mounting hole in your strut tower. The second person will place the Strut bar over the bolt you are holding in place and carefully place a nut over the bolt. This is where small fingers will help, it’s a tight fit where the nut goes.
7. Hand tighten only, repeat step #6 for other side.
8. Tighten down the nuts and wipe clean, job is done.

Rear Anti-role Bar.
1. Take your time and don’t rush, lie out your parts and plan to take two to three hours. You are going to need a spring compressor, jack-stands and a jack for this job.
2. Jack up the rear of the car and place one jack-stand on either side of the body, us the factory recommended positions. Give your self a comfortable working height.
3. Pull off both rear wheels.
4. Using a spring compressor, compress the rear spring on one side.
5. Remove the bolt that holds the rear shock in place, this will allow the rear end to drop. Gently remove the spring and rubber mounts.
ImageImage
6. Place in the mounting ring and bolts that are supplied.
ImageImageImage
7. Take the Anti-role bar and tie it to the underside of the rail. This will help support the Bar and make it easier to mount.
ImageImage
8. Hand tighten the bar to the mounting bolts, this will align the mounting bracket.
9. Tighten down the free third bolt on the mounting ring to hold it in place and then remove the bar again. (it will be in the way when mounting the spring back in.
10. Replace the rear spring and reattach the shock first, before decompressing the spring.
11. Now swing over to the other side and repeat steps 4 through 10.
12. Attach the Anti-role bar to the mounting bolts on either side, hand tighten only. If everything mates up (which it should), go a head and tighten.
ImageImage
So that’s pretty well it for the install. I hope this will help you out.
Red Max
MMamdouh

Re: Ultra Racing Install

Post by MMamdouh »

very nice work bro... how does she handle now??

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
larsbud

Post by larsbud »

Since doing the install and putting some time on the road I have found a much greater handling. I have no fear of throwing her around corners or dodging in and out of traffic. I would recommend this type of up grade to any ceruse driver who wants to get everything out of their car and stay safe.
Red Max
nefary
Junior

Post by nefary »

great work man
I searched alot for a strut to install on my aveo sedan . but I didn't find any
from where you got that and how much does it cost?

and is it avaliable to be bought online?

thanks
wolfsreign
Expert

Post by wolfsreign »

yea, that and 5/6point seat belts should be standard in every car, but as it costs more and car is still fine without it, dealers dont make them manditory :(
great work though, looks nice. harder road feeling im guesssing.
~wolf
Death smiles at man, all man can do is smile back. :)

'00 3dr Lanos HB
-straight piped exhaust
-maroon>black
-short piping intake
serega12

Post by serega12 »

Very good write-up. I'm considering some of these for my Chevy Aveo Hatchback 06... I take it this will mostly apply to it too. Are you installing rear two-point anti-roll bar (upper) and the front lower 4-point brace? I'm thinking of installing all four. All or nothing for me... :)
serega12

Post by serega12 »

Are you located in Canada? If so, how much would the shipping be to U.S.? I'm in Washington state, so I'm really close to Canadian border (next to Vancouver, BC). Do you know if UltraRacingCanada has them in stock or would they have to order them straight from manufacturer? I have an 06 Aveo hatchback. PM me with that info if you know.
Holden Barina project complete:

serega12

Post by serega12 »

never mind, already talked to you on aveoforum.com already installed all three of them except for 19mm rear sway bar
Holden Barina project complete:

daewooluvr
Expert

Post by daewooluvr »

Will the rear anti-sway bar work on the lanos?
2000 Daewoo Lanos HB - Its green

Check me out at http://sdconsulting.weebly.com
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

fitment will be a problem

the bar in this topic is attached to the spring's lower mount... on our lanos the spring sits in a different place and it is not accessible from the underside of the beam so their is no mounting location for that bar on a lanos

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267