Forenza Rims.

Body Kits, Rims, Suspension, Wings, Lighting etc and exterior detailing.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

bsharon

Forenza Rims.

Post by bsharon »

Hi did anyone buy rims for there Forenza, Nubira, or optra.? I looked at tire rack and saw that the bolt pattern said 4 by 114, but will a 4 by 114.3 work, or will the .3 effect something, or not fit.? I want to buy a set. for example would these fit? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... gory=43957 Let me know if anyone has rims on theres. if you can send me a link or a picture to bsharon@akibia.com
thanks guys.

Brian
AKA. B.Rabit
richardmatalon
Junior

Post by richardmatalon »

those are universal 4 lug rims, they will work, and they should look very nice too
2.0 dohc turbo
Garret T3 turbo
Custom Intercooler
Custom Everything
bsharon

Thanks

Post by bsharon »

Thanks Bud, Once I do something to my car I will get some pics.
thanks
Brian
bsharon

What do you think.

Post by bsharon »

Do you think 18" rms would fit and handle nice on a forenza? Do you think these would look good too.? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... 81245&rd=1 or these http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... 16505&rd=1 or maybe these http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... 30890&rd=1
let me know about the size, and which ones you like for rims?
Cool
Brian
bsharon

turbo?

Post by bsharon »

So whats up, we might see a tubo upgrade kit, for the forenza and time in the next year? that would be a nice mod. But I would have to beaf up a lot of the drive train. Anything you know of in the works?
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

here are some pics of my car with some photoshoped rims.

PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

You will be seeing a turbo kit for the Forenza,Optra,Reno,Optra 5 very soon.... just working on some compressor sizing and flange details.

I'm going to be the test subject.... I think I'm going to run a conservative 7psi to start and then go up from there once the engine gets a few more miles on it (currently only 5000km)

The turbo we have been looking at is good until 20psi so it's more than enough for my Optra.

I guess we will see..... good thing I have four engine blocks :D
Tyrant

Post by Tyrant »

Erfinder wrote:You will be seeing a turbo kit for the Forenza,Optra,Reno,Optra 5 very soon.... just working on some compressor sizing and flange details.

I'm going to be the test subject.... I think I'm going to run a conservative 7psi to start and then go up from there once the engine gets a few more miles on it (currently only 5000km)

The turbo we have been looking at is good until 20psi so it's more than enough for my Optra.

I guess we will see..... good thing I have four engine blocks :D

:o thays pretty cool bro all the best...
just some Q's... i read that the optras/fornza's u guys have are equipped with 2.0L engines i think it was the U20SED.. how different is this engine from the T20SED (besides the slight hp/torque difference)...... meaning if the turbo fits the optra's engine is there a chance that it might fit in the 2.0L magnus/epica's?
also have u any idea how much hp the stock auto tranny in the optra can handle?
bsharon

ERfinder

Post by bsharon »

ERfinder. Hey that sounds like you know what your doing. I hope that It doesn't blow all 4 engines. I would really like to install a turbo on my forenza. I Just traded in An 2000 Audi A6 2.7T Biturbo. for the Forenza. My wife is pregnant and the Audi was costing me too much. But that is the only turbo car I have ever owned. It was really lugury and fast. One of my close friends just bought a completely souped up 1994 eagle talon YSI, with a larger turbo and a modified everything. that car is fast, and it blows away my other friends 2004 Lancer EVO. But It still would be awsome to get a turbo forenza. I love the Suzuki so far. I had one problem with the Harmonic balencer pully. The rubber ripped off the metal pully and my belt almost fell off. It was makeing a horrible sqeal. But fized by the dealer. Another thing about the Forenza that I like is that no one in the surounding 5 towns even has one. I drove an hour and fifteen minutes to the nearest Suzuki dealer. SO I have not even seen another one on the road. thats why I can't wait untill I get a set of Big rims, and I want to get an Air intake, but I have not found one yet. I heared that A civic one might work, but nothing specific. I also just got tinted windows, and a titanium Muffler from E-bay. (universal) the 16V sounds real nice with the New Pipe. Allthough I like the sound better with the silencer. I also can't wait until they make the Intimidator web site english. I really like a concept Daewoo Nubira body kit I say on a white car in a picture on here. But I have not been able to find anything here in the US. where are you from. I'm from Mass in the USA. I'm sure I will hear from ya. Keep me posted on what going on good or bad. see ya.
Brian
debo890
Super

Post by debo890 »

hello Brian, i was in your area this wednesday. i went there to pick up a part for my nubi. i live in rhode island. about the harmonic balencer , mine detached from the pulley too. i used on off the 99 isuzu rodeo 2.0l engine and i am running a custom turbo and i have not had a problem yet.

Erfinder, what's the size of the turbo you are using for the Forenza,Optra,Reno,Optra 5 ? i am thinking of going with a T28 turbo on my nubi. i think the 1994 nissan silva came with a ball bearing t28 turbo. i also was think, after i am done with the custom mani and dont feel like using the T28 anymore, i would just order the GT25 turbo.
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

The Optra/Forenza engine is almost exactly identical to the Nubira.... the fuel injectors are now Delphi and use a Delphi ECU.

The Optra/Forenza is a ULEV vehicle and that's the only reason it has less power than the TLEV Nubira engine.

Converting the Optra/Forenza back to the prior fuel injection system wouldn't be worth the time.... the Delphi ECU should be easy to reprogram to gain the extra power back.

GsiTurbo's company 360Dynamics will be the one sourcing the components.... he has a dozen different turbos to pick from.... we are still trying to determine the best one for my required power levels.
kinkyllama
Expert

Re: ERfinder

Post by kinkyllama »

bsharon wrote:ERfinder. Hey that sounds like you know what your doing. I hope that It doesn't blow all 4 engines. I would really like to install a turbo on my forenza. I Just traded in An 2000 Audi A6 2.7T Biturbo. for the Forenza. My wife is pregnant and the Audi was costing me too much. But that is the only turbo car I have ever owned. It was really lugury and fast. One of my close friends just bought a completely souped up 1994 eagle talon YSI, with a larger turbo and a modified everything. that car is fast, and it blows away my other friends 2004 Lancer EVO. But It still would be awsome to get a turbo forenza. I love the Suzuki so far. I had one problem with the Harmonic balencer pully. The rubber ripped off the metal pully and my belt almost fell off. It was makeing a horrible sqeal. But fized by the dealer. Another thing about the Forenza that I like is that no one in the surounding 5 towns even has one. I drove an hour and fifteen minutes to the nearest Suzuki dealer. SO I have not even seen another one on the road. thats why I can't wait untill I get a set of Big rims, and I want to get an Air intake, but I have not found one yet. I heared that A civic one might work, but nothing specific. I also just got tinted windows, and a titanium Muffler from E-bay. (universal) the 16V sounds real nice with the New Pipe. Allthough I like the sound better with the silencer. I also can't wait until they make the Intimidator web site english. I really like a concept Daewoo Nubira body kit I say on a white car in a picture on here. But I have not been able to find anything here in the US. where are you from. I'm from Mass in the USA. I'm sure I will hear from ya. Keep me posted on what going on good or bad. see ya.
Brian
Hey, i should be doing an exhaust system and intake on my Forenza soon and installing my lowering springs.

Check my ride out here:
http://www.cardomain.com/id/kinkyllama

Anyways, i may end up getting a Daewoo Nubira 2000-2003 exhaust system soon and i will be updating everytime somethings new at cardomain