Brakes Proportional valves

Transmissions, Clutches, torque converters, Gear ratios, Brakes, Pads, etc.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

MMamdouh

Brakes Proportional valves

Post by MMamdouh »

some mechanic down here tried a new thing in the quest of making the brake responce better on a nubira... he simply removed the stuf - probably springs and valves - from the inside of the proportinal valves.

car owner feedback says the brakes are more responsive and feels better than before... i am asking what are the riskis involved in doing that?

aren't proportional valves supposed to reduce brake force of the rear wheels to avoid lockup? will doing that make rear lockup more easy to achive? any other kinds of risk involved??

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
exist3nce
Expert

Post by exist3nce »

Thats interesting, because I find my Optra has too much rear brake bias in stock form. The stock rear rotors and pads went long before my fronts.
2004 Optra/Forenza/Lacetti - 225whp - Haltech Sprint500 - CT12B - Getrag F28 6spd - KW V3 Coilovers - FX35 Retrofit
2002 IS300 5MT - 615whp - AEM EMS - GT4088R - Built 9.5CR - R154 - TRD LSD - SupraTT T/B - Varex - LS430 Retrofit
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

if the prop. vavles are removed then you run a high risk of the rear wheels locking up before your front ones, in a emergency stopping situation. this can cause the car to skid out of control (we all know what can happen then). i personally wouldnt drive a car that i know the prop valves messed up on. you can get adjustable prop valves, but that requires "tuning". if i ever do a rear disk conv on my lanos thats what im gonna get so i can create the correct brake bias.

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!
daewooluvr
Expert

Post by daewooluvr »

daewoomofo wrote:if the prop. vavles are removed then you run a high risk of the rear wheels locking up before your front ones, in a emergency stopping situation. this can cause the car to skid out of control (we all know what can happen then). i personally wouldnt drive a car that i know the prop valves messed up on. you can get adjustable prop valves, but that requires "tuning". if i ever do a rear disk conv on my lanos thats what im gonna get so i can create the correct brake bias.
if one would get the adjustable prop valves wouldn't you need to remove the factory ones?
2000 Daewoo Lanos HB - Its green

Check me out at http://sdconsulting.weebly.com
Pir0
Expert

Post by Pir0 »

daewooluvr wrote:
daewoomofo wrote:if the prop. vavles are removed then you run a high risk of the rear wheels locking up before your front ones, in a emergency stopping situation. this can cause the car to skid out of control (we all know what can happen then). i personally wouldnt drive a car that i know the prop valves messed up on. you can get adjustable prop valves, but that requires "tuning". if i ever do a rear disk conv on my lanos thats what im gonna get so i can create the correct brake bias.
if one would get the adjustable prop valves wouldn't you need to remove the factory ones?
I'd think so, but it's not as if he wo't be replacing them. It'd probably be a direct replacement..
SAZ
---------------------
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

yeah you have to repalce it with the adjustable one.

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!